Lion cancel Tooheys Pale Ale production.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And nothing of value was lost...

Literally never seen this beer anywhere.

So for the second time in their history Tooheys has realised they can't brew a good pale ale. They are apparently very slow learners.

It was a very ordinary water pale ale at best, watery , devoid of taste...

I had 1 on tap and 1 in a bottle

Good knows what they where thinking trying to take on Coopers with that one. Be like Coopers trying to make a VB...

The XXXX one was just as ordinary

paulyman said:
So for the second time in their history Tooheys has realised they can't brew a good pale ale. They are apparently very slow learners.
But..

I do like Tooheys Old. B)

I've only had one, on tap, at the Woolgoolga Diggers staying there around Xmas. Very underwhelming, I went back to drinking the Reschs Original Draught, far more flavourful.

"We know this will disappoint our loyal Tooheys Pale Ale fan"

Fixed that for you, Tooheys.

welly2 said:
"We know this will disappoint our (assumed*) loyal Tooheys Pale Ale fan"

* Well, someone has been drinking it.

Fixed that for you, Tooheys.
Fixed that for you, Tooheys/ welly2

Ducatiboy stu said:
Good knows what they where thinking trying to take on Coopers with that one. Be like Coopers trying to make a VB...

Coopers clear and dr tims come to mind.

Coopers Clear is a low carb Lager, and Dr Tims is ( basically ) Pale Ale in a can

Ducatiboy stu said:

The XXXX one was just as ordinary
Not a great fan either - was this an attempt to create a rival to Cooper's Pale - or just to rival the glut of Pale Ales on the market now?

It wasnt a rival of anything really

I would not even call it a pale ale...It sure was pale, but that was about it

Maybe they didnt want to offend megaswill drinkers and left out the taste.

If they can make a great Dark Ale, why cant they make a Pale....A Pale Ale is not rocket science by any means...its about as simple as you can get

Mardoo said:
4 very disappointed hipsters...
Yeah Bro, it was a Hipster beer my ass

Tooheys where not aiming at Hipsters....far from it.

They where aiming for their own clientele, the ones that only would drink a Tooheys

Pass me the ******* bio organic village grown beard oil

or this stuff. The ducks nuts in beard oil,leathers, saddles and bike leathers ( my Stag jacket has survived 20yrs using this stuff ), Ge-Wy leather dressing, made by an old bloke in Singleton, prob not suitable for Hipster beards though

And its made in Australia

gewy.jpg

Latest posts

Back