Line Clamps?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

famousguy

Reaction score
Anyone here able to tell me how the hell them little line clamps work? I appreciate there may be more than 1 type of clamp, the ones I have came with the system I bought from GMK, so Ken maybe you are the most qualified to answer this!

I have been looking at them and am puzzled as to how to make them "clamp"??

Will try and post pic tonite if that'll help you understand my dilemma!

Hi,

The clamps you have work as follows.
Place over line. Conect line to disconect, Tpiece or 4mm-6mm converter.
Run clamp over lip.

Get a set of nail pinchers. Pinch the square protuding part together with the pinching pliers.
Line is now sealed.

Note:

These are one off single use clamps.

Hope this helps.

If it is any consolution - i have been asked that before.

Let me know when you are drinking your first KEGGED Beer.

:chug:
How ya going famousguy..

Your not the first one to look in wonderment at those clamps..
A pair of nail pinches are fine.
I have a little 4 inch vice in my workshop and I found that if you carefully put the two little lips of the clamps between the jaws of the vice and carefully do the vice up it locks perfectly..........

Guess its another way to skin the cat

Cheers

JWB

Ok So I got everything set up cos I wanted to pressure test my kegs (Got them from TCB, new stock in didn't have time to pressure test them at shop)

So I hooked up my regulator with the gas line running to a T piece then to the 2 kegs full of water. I turned the screw on the regulator all the way in then cracked it back half a turn, turned on the gas and heard some unsettling noises!! then gas started pouring out the top of the kegs (SHIT!!!), problem is the regulator needle indicated that the pressure in the kegs was 400KpA plus! the needle was maxing out...

Not happy Jan, What have I done wrong????

Famous, The regulator works in reverse to what you probably think... screwing IN increases pressure.

So turn gas off... burp the kegs down to near nothing pressure then wind the screw all the way OUT then turn the gas on. Now slowly wind screw IN and try dispensing at various points....

Hope this helps...

Me and a mate considered this but went....nah it couldn't work that way!!!!!

will try again next week...not going to be home for the weekend!

GMK said:
Hi,

The clamps you have work as follows.
Place over line. Conect line to disconect, Tpiece or 4mm-6mm converter.
Run clamp over lip.

Get a set of nail pinchers. Pinch the square protuding part together with the pinching pliers.
Line is now sealed.

Note:

These are one off single use clamps.

Hope this helps.
Heres me feeling like a real tool, I have read the instructions but still cannot get the clamp to work..

anyone help?

I'm using a set of plyers, is this ok?

It's hard with a set of pliers unless you can get the wire cutter part around the square bit of the line clamp. Nail pincers or wire cutters are best.

- Snow

Heres the pic of what I am trying to do :( ??? :(

clamp.jpg

I am trying to clamp the line onto that little convertor piece correct?

How important is the clamp, the line is very tight in there anyway, I cannot pull it out again either so I'm thinking it's not needed... unless I am trying to put it in the wrong spot...

The line can easily blow off under 300kpa without that clamp. It's definately needed.

Using pliers is a real pain - $5 for a set of nail pinchers saves a lot of pain. The trick is that the little flat piece on the clamp stays flat, so you need to squeeze just the edges of the flat piece so they buckly underneath. Make sense?

This really bad line drawing might explain better

clamp.JPG

Cheers jgriffin, I understand what you are saying now, easy as. Will go get myself some nail pinchers.

I totally forgot I have a picnic tap here which was pre-built and it has these clamps already on it.

Thanks Again.

Back