Likes - what do they do

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amber Fluid

Beer Snob
Reaction score
Like the topic says, what is the use of the likes feature in posts?

I have heard this being a Facebook feature but I am not on Facebook so have no idea about it or even if it is the same.

They don't really do anything. They're just a way for you to express positive feelings about a post.

Ultimately, I think they'll end up being less useful than a +1 because these Likes are being used for different reasons by different people on the same posts. Some likes mean "I agree", others mean "thanks" others still are showing appreciation of a joke/etc in the post. I'm not sure how that's going to help n00bs work out if a post is going to help them or not but I do know that I found it a bit reassuring if there were a few +1s after a bit of advice when I was starting out.

er... I think so.. there is also a little bar in the profiles now that's connected but I dont think it really does much, possibly helps noobs know who's advice to listen to based on a like system if they are looking at profiles.... er... But that's flawed too... :unsure: any dickhead can like another dickheads post so... er..

effed if I know :blink:

would be good if we got to 10 likes and won a growler full of craft beer :lol:

They're pretty light weight, as has been suggested it's nothing more that expressing some positive intrest to a particular post or piece of content when you don't really want or need to make a comment.

There is a reputation system that I haven't enabled yet that does more of what Yob is talking about above.

Maybe I can tie in the case of beer to the reputation system :lol:

We'll see.

Thanks for the info everyone. The only problem I see with regards to the bonus for a number of likes is that one could go through and like all their own posts. Sweet idea though.

Latest posts

Back