Like A Version.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you could include pretty much every track from Johnny's cover album(s) and not put a foot wrong. He took them all to another place.
Very true. Probably moreso being a NIN fan and coming to the conclusion that Cash did a better version of the song than Reznor ever could...and he admits to it as well!

My favourite Johnny Cash covers from the American Series would be...

Delia's Gone
The Beast In Me
Southern Accents
I Never Picked Cotton
I Won't Back Down
Solitary Man
I See a Darkness
The Mercy Seat
Country Trash
Wayfaring Stranger
Hurt
Personal Jesus
I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry
Big Iron
Witchita Lineman
Dark as a Dungeon
Pocahontus
I'm Moving On
Redemption Song
Rose of My Heart

Can't believe that's a chopped down list haha

Very true. Probably moreso being a NIN fan and coming to the conclusion that Cash did a better version of the song than Reznor ever could...and he admits to it as well!

I used to listen to the Downward Spiral a lot back in the day, then later on in life got into Cash and liked his version, but always though despite the Cash version being better the original was still a great song.

Put the original on one day and couldn't believe how crap it was in comparison!

Do you really think Pennywise' cover of Land Down Under is good? Do you actually listen to it and say "Wow, this is a great song, I love the way they did this and that".

I just can't believe that anyone could think that.

I couldn't care less what you like. For your information, I do like it. You post a lot of stuff on here I don't like, but that's your right to express it, hence why I don't worry about it.

Pennywise fans don't like what I post, I'll call that a win.

There's a few good ones out there......

But there are also some SHOCKERS...Case in point,

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually can't stand Hatebreed but their covers album For The Lions is sick.
covers include slayer, sepul, suicidal, misfits..

I used to listen to the Downward Spiral a lot back in the day, then later on in life got into Cash and liked his version, but always though despite the Cash version being better the original was still a great song.

Put the original on one day and couldn't believe how crap it was in comparison!

A NIN fan doesn't like what you post. I wouldn't call it crap in comparison at all. Cash's voice definitely lends to the lyrics but I prefer the original. Trent Reznor has come a LONG way since The Downward Spiral.

Gary Jules covering Tears for Fears

Nirvana covering David Bowie

Happy Mondays covering/take on a John Kongos song

I like a good cover version. Here's a couple of favourites right now:

Extra points for anyone who knows where you can see an ex Buffalo member playing in the front bar of a well known Sydney music venue with an ex AC/DC member.

a hur dur I can play this game: well known cover by a well known artist

My favorite band, The Dropkick Murphys do a lot of Irish trad and folk covers.

A couple to look up, The Fields of Athenri, The Old Triangle, The Green Fields of France.

My favorite band, The Dropkick Murphys do a lot of Irish trad and folk covers.

A couple to look up, The Fields of Athenri, The Old Triangle, The Green Fields of France.

DKM: Johnny I Hardly Knew Ya.

Still gives me goosebumps.

Some Randon Band - Friday (Rebecca Black)

Frankenbok - Dont Call Me Baby (Madison Avenue)

Carnival In Coal - Fecking Hostile (Pantera)

LORD - On a Night Like This (Kylie Minogue)

Carnival in Coal are pretty sweet, but nobody does Richard Cheese better than Richard Cheese.
The novelty wore off in 2 seconds with that one.

A good example of a novelty cover is Children of Bodom doing that britney spears song. Baby one more time.
Great for teh lolz.

Back