Life Changing Question

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgriffin

Reaction score
I need some advice on what could be a life changing decision. Thanks in advance guys.

I've suspected for some time now that my girlfriend has been having an affair. The usual signs. Phone rings, I answer, someone hangs up. She started going out 'with the girls' a lot recently although when I ask which girls it is always "Just some friends from work, you don't know them". I always look out for her taxi coming home but she always walks down the drive although I can hear a car setting off. As if she has got out of the car round the corner. Why? Is it not a taxi? I once picked her mobile up just to see what time it was and she went beserk and screamed that I should never touch her phone again and why was I checking up on her.

Anyway, I have never approached the subject with my g/f. I think deep down I just didn't want to know the truth but last night she went out again and I decided to check on her. I decided I was going to hide behind my car which would give me a view of the whole street so I could see which car she gets out of. It was whilst crouched behind my car that I noticed rust around my rear wheel arch. Confused
NOW MY QUESTION IS
Should I take it into a body repair shop or should I buy some stuff from the local auto shop and try to repair it myself?

:lol: hmm, thats a tough question, depending on the size of the rust, i would try it myself first :lol:

Yeh Id agree with Bonk , have a go and do it yourself , you sound like the sort of bloke who likes to do things by yourself after that post. :D

hahahaha, this is a serious issue, i would take it down the shop straight away.

John,

It depends how much you really love your car. If you still remember the good times and wish to return to those times, and you feel that there is a possibility that both of you wish to continue with the relationship, then you need to give her the attention she craves. Rust is just a superficial sign of what may lie beneath. You could try and patch things up between you two with some quick-fix bog from K-mart, or you could seek professional help. John, you really need to examine what your underlying feelings towards your car really are, then act on them in a rational, well-though-out manner. Remember - you can't make rational decisions when you're angry.

Oh yeah - and ditch the chick so I can come over and help you finish that IPA :D

- Snow

Are you tool challenged? If so, take it to the shop.

Otherwise, I suggest you have a go yourself. Chop out the worst with the angle grinder, then hit it with phosphoric acid. Every brewer should have phosphoric acid in the cupboard.

Now, back to the girlfriend problem. Are you spending too much time looking after your yeasts, beers and ferments and not enough with her?

a tough question.
id ask the girlfriend what she reckons you should do with the rust.two opinions always seem to help in times of indesicion.

He sounds he will have to learn how to make the earth move by himself. . .

JM

The main thing is forget the car and make sure the beer is fine and u have plenty as a beer never says NO

Back