Lids For Schweppes kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EastVicLad

Reaction score
Hey all

Have come into possession of a few extra old kegs and wanted to get them into the rotation asap... Problem is one is missing its lid and its the schweppes squarer type lid... Anyone Know where to source these?? I have found plenty of ordinary Corny lids but they don't fit as i have tried one of my other ones and no good...

Thanks

Hey all

Have come into possession of a few extra old kegs and wanted to get them into the rotation asap... Problem is one is missing its lid and its the schweppes squarer type lid... Anyone Know where to source these?? I have found plenty of ordinary Corny lids but they don't fit as i have tried one of my other ones and no good...

Thanks

I reckon I might have one mate. Are you able to post up a pic, and dimensions? When Schweppes were still using figals, they went through a couple of different manufacturers, so therefore there are a few different styles of them out there.

This one measures 112mm x 88mm at the longest and widest points. (Measured underneath the lid)

Figal_Lid.jpg

this is the one i have ignore the o ring as its very thin for some reason...
reduced keg lid.jpg

Looking for a tape measure now... This could take awhile hahaha just moved house and only unpacked the brew gear shed wise as yet hahaha

Hey @Pnutapper, I'm looking for a racetrack keg body for a monster-size HEX, if the body is damaged in some way.

Mardoo, I have a few spare screw lid mytton rodd kegs, if that works for you let me know I'll throw it in with the swap gear. Though thinking about it how the hell are you going to get a coil in there????

Hey @Pnutapper, I'm looking for a racetrack keg body for a monster-size HEX, if the body is damaged in some way.
I converted the keg to snap lock fittings about 25 years ago to use as a detergent keg. It has a leak on one of the welds somewhere, but it's just one of those CBF things that I haven't gotten around to doing.

Mardoo, I have a few spare screw lid mytton rodd kegs, if that works for you let me know I'll throw it in with the swap gear. Though thinking about it how the hell are you going to get a coil in there????
I'll take one!

Figuring I'll cut the top off and get something welded on the inside of the keg so the top slips down over it (the proper term for that escapes me right now). There will be two 2400w elements, one top and one bottom. The top one will attach to a tri-clamp ferrule that's welded to the end of a SS pipe, which is welded into the lid. That will drop the element low enough to do said treatment to the top of the keg, and remain under the water. Probably 16L volume HEX.

I'll take one!

Figuring I'll cut the top off and get something welded on the inside of the keg so the top slips down over it (the proper term for that escapes me right now). There will be two 2400w elements, one top and one bottom. The top one will attach to a tri-clamp ferrule that's welded to the end of a SS pipe, which is welded into the lid. That will drop the element low enough to do said treatment to the top of the keg, and remain under the water. Probably 16L volume HEX.
Done mate, have one I striped and soaked.

What has happened to all the Schweppes kegs, I’m in SA, Schweppes produced here and I’ve never heard or seen any?

Do you want one mate? You organise freight, it is yours.
I have converted it to snaplock fittings, but will send appropriate gas & beer check valves as well.
A good AHB'er like yourself shouldn't be without one if he wants one.
(On phone, can't post pics until Monday.)

EDIT: No... no second dibs. $250. Buyer pays freight. This is not an ad, more like a reach out to a member who always tries to help.

Back