LG craft beer appliance

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From article.

'An optimized fermentation algorithm intelligently controls the fermenting process with precise temperature and pressure control for guaranteed brewing success'.

Digital PRV, spunding valve?

LG-HomeBrew-003.jpg

“Homebrewing has grown at an explosive pace but there are still many beer lovers who haven’t taken the jump because of the barrier to entry and these are the consumers we think will be attracted to LG HomeBrew.”

They are assuming "the barrier" to entry isn't cost, because if I owned a home like this, I would sell it and buy more a modest place to live + maybe a small brewery?

Also, you can tell the person positioning the device doesn't have a partner... I would be slaughtered if I had that thing on the island bench, buzzing and churning away while the ladies chat over coffee.

AEN20181211001400320_01_i_P4.jpg

Designed with discerning beer lovers in mind, HomeBrew allows for the in-home production of various popular styles insuring excellent results with every batch. Five distinctive, richly-flavored beers are sure to impress: hoppy American IPA, golden American Pale Ale, full-bodied English Stout, zesty Belgian-style Witbier and dry Czech Pilsner. It can produce up to five liters of premium quality beer in approximately two weeks depending on the beer type.

A winner of a 2019 CES Innovation Award, the state-of-the-art device makes the brewing process incredibly easy thanks to its single-use capsules, optimized fermentation algorithm and convenient self-cleaning feature, the ideal product for anyone seeking the satisfaction of creating their own cold, tasty beer.

LG’s unique capsule-based system brings revolutionary simplicity to the art of brewing with one-touch activation. With a set of single-use capsules – which contain malt, yeast, hop oil and flavoring – and the press of a button, users can relax as LG HomeBrew automates the whole procedure from fermentation, carbonation and aging to serving and cleaning. A free companion app (for Android and iOS devices) lets users check HomeBrew’s status at any time, anywhere.

http://www.lgnewsroom.com/2018/12/lg-to-unveil-capsule-based-craft-beer-system-at-ces-2019/

Five litres per two weeks.. what a crock. And "barrier to entry"?! Get a steel pot and a bag for $30 all up and you'll make beer as well or better as this thing, and just as quickly.
This unit is designed for very wealthy people who don't consider it worth their time to invest in learning how to brew beer, that's about it.

that kitchen picture really does show who its aimed at

it would be interesting if some of these companies with all their huge R&D units made a system that could be used with any ingredients. AG or extract rather than the whole "buy our Pods ecosystems "

Hmm... right next to the Nespresso in the office .... make "coffee time" a little more lively. 5l though, would need a few ......

Would be interested in seeing what's inside the capsules. If it was just DME, they'd need like 500 grams to make 5 litres, bloody big capsules.

Has anyone noticed that they left the tap running...

... and forgot to colour it in

The next trendy office machine, sandwiched between the espresso coffee maker and the water cooler - at Parliament House

Five litres per two weeks.. what a crock. And "barrier to entry"?! Get a steel pot and a bag for $30 all up and you'll make beer as well or better as this thing, and just as quickly.
This unit is designed for very wealthy budgie sippers who don't consider it worth their time to invest in learning how to brew beer, that's about it.
FTFY

In the press releases today it says: It takes two weeks to brew your beer once you’ve started the process. At the end, you get 5 litres of beer — or about 12 schooners.
https://www.news.com.au/technology/...s/news-story/8b100e42ee9dc1bc7254fe751145bd23

A schooner a day. It's all you need for a wanky entreé drink before cracking your bottle of Sav Blanc or Cab Sav. And it gives you 1 AFD each week. Bargain!
Maybe, just maybe, this will turn out to be a giant fizzer of a failure. If you can afford this, you can afford to buy all the craft beer you would want to drink.

10 pints over 2 weeks, wow...waste of time if you have a few friends over...
I cannot believe they did research on this..
It does not say if but is the one the fermentor and then transfers to the 'keg' for aging and cooling...
Sounds good in theory but in practice... How does the Brewart one go from Harvey Norman, anyone know wny one who uses one?

It was like something the other on the Dragon Den... There was a product I cannot remember, but they said as soon as you start to be successful - it will fail.... and this is the exact situation.

1. If the beer is any good you will want to drink more, and 5 litres every 2 weeks will not be enough and you will become very frustrated.
2. If the beer is no good you will not want to drink it..

either way fail....

It will only satisfy a very small market....someone who has one or 2 schooners a day average (including weekends and no friends :) ) ...
and there are very few people like that.... you either drink beer or you dont...

LG could have paid me a $1 000 000 for that and save $ 100 000 000 :)

Last edited:
10 pints over 2 weeks, wow...waste of time if you have a few friends over...
I cannot believe they did research on this..
It does not say if but is the one the fermentor and then transfers to the 'keg' for aging and cooling...
Sounds good in theory but in practice... How does the Brewart one go from Harvey Norman, anyone know wny one who uses one?

It was like something the other on the Dragon Den... There was a product I cannot remember, but they said as soon as you start to be successful - it will fail.... and this is the exact situation.

1. If the beer is any good you will want to drink more, and 5 litres every 2 weeks will not be enough and you will become very frustrated.
2. If the beer is no good you will not want to drink it..

either way fail....

It will only satisfy a very small market....someone who has one or 2 schooners a day average (including weekends and no friends :) ) ...
and there are very few people like that.... you either drink beer or you dont...

LG could have paid me a $1 000 000 for that and save $ 100 000 000 :)

You're looking at the wrong market @trustyrusty
This is clearly aimed at those with too much money who MUST HAVE the latest gadget, use it once to show to their peers, then throw it in a cupboard. :)

Yes you are right and then they can also say “ Johnny brews his own beer “ ... he must be really smart

Latest posts

Back