Lets Talk About Schneider Aventinus

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thefatdoghead

Reaction score
This is the definition of beer.

Anyone brewed it or tried it? Personally I think it's the best beer anyone ever brewed and id'e love to brew it or top it. Is it bubblegum, clovey, banana? I think not. buteth all and thout shalt try to breweth thyn schneider!!!

goodeth thyn scheidering!!!!!

This is the definition of beer.

Anyone brewed it or tried it? Personally I think it's the best beer anyone ever brewed and id'e love to brew it or top it. Is it bubblegum, clovey, banana? I think not. buteth all and thout shalt try to breweth thyn schneider!!!

goodeth thyn scheidering!!!!!

Had at the Weisses Brauhaus about 2 weeks ago in Muenchen. Trying to upload a photo but the connection here in Istanbul is a bit weak. Not my favourite style but damn good nonetheless !

Why dont we use the exsisting threads that already discuss it?
Plenty of info on the exsisting threads. In fact i referanced the info the other day.
Great beer.

Ps. It is definitely clove. Tgey specificly use a particilar step mash procedure to produce clove that will reacyt well with thier yeast. Brewing wiyh wheat has a lot of info on it.

As suggested if you can get your hands on Brewing With Wheat by Stan Hieronymus theres some great info in there that gives you a recipe to work off. It lists ingredients, vital statitics, mash profile, yeast/lacto amounts and conditioning. Its a great starting point for brewing with wheat in general and the history behind it.

As suggested if you can get your hands on Brewing With Wheat by Stan Hieronymus theres some great info in there that gives you a recipe to work off. It lists ingredients, vital statitics, mash profile, yeast/lacto amounts and conditioning. Its a great starting point for brewing with wheat in general and the history behind it.

aventinus uses lacto? not sure if thats what you meant to say but that could be a cool idea.

wrt the op, i brewed the wheeler/protz recipe for this with double decoction incl ferulic rest and it was one of the best beers ive ever made. certainly not hard to clone this one, as it is for a lot of other great beers of this standard

aventinus uses lacto? not sure if thats what you meant to say but that could be a cool idea.

wrt the op, i brewed the wheeler/protz recipe for this with double decoction incl ferulic rest and it was one of the best beers ive ever made. certainly not hard to clone this one, as it is for a lot of other great beers of this standard

The book doesnt specify the amount but it is added to the boil just after lautering. From page 85. Not used as a primary strain.

(snip)

I used that recipe once and got a great result, must dig it up and do another.

The book doesnt specify the amount but it is added to the boil just after lautering. From page 85. Not used as a primary strain.

I imagine working within the constraints of the Rheinheitsgebot they would be adding bacillus delbruckiiby produced using a separate sour mash within the brewery to reduce the Boil PH. Nothing to do with fermantation as is possibly suggested above (ie: primary strain)

Screwy

That book is where I first seen the recipe. Aventinus was on the menu in a pub in Singapore but they were out of it <_<
I was in first choice the other week and it was sitting on the shelf so, I was quiet excited to taste the beer from the book.
It doesn't give up the yeast, it just said that the yeast was a very OLD strain. I'll just use 3068.
I'll have to read up more about the lactic acid from the lautering with PH 3 they add to the wort so the beer doesnt end up neutral? Also try to work out how ill mash that much wheat in the braumeister but if I can brew even close to that beer it'll be worth it!

That book is where I first seen the recipe. Aventinus was on the menu in a pub in Singapore but they were out of it <_<
I was in first choice the other week and it was sitting on the shelf so, I was quiet excited to taste the beer from the book.
It doesn't give up the yeast, it just said that the yeast was a very OLD strain. I'll just use 3068.
I'll have to read up more about the lactic acid from the lautering with PH 3 they add to the wort so the beer doesnt end up neutral? Also try to work out how ill mash that much wheat in the braumeister but if I can brew even close to that beer it'll be worth it!

It doesnt mention the strain but it does give the pitching rate for how many million cells per ml.
Rice gulls would make it work wouldnt it. Never used a braumeister but just a suggestion.

Latest posts

Back