Lets compare, I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are also shutting Liddell Power station in 5yrs time ( they actully announced the shut down 2 yrs ago )

Liddell is the NSW version of Hazelwood. Was supposed to be closed 15yrs ago but had a major refit

It had a control system upgrade but the boiler tubes are still all stuffed.

I may vote for Danny Boy next state election, if he gets in he is going to chip in 50% of the cost of batteries for those with solar, I have been saving my pennies to install the batteries in 2024 when I lose my 66 cents feed in tarrif (Thanks Kev) These labor leaders sure know how to spend other peoples money.
:bigcheers:

Never got my $50 off the Victorian government, I did try to vote for Danny Boy but I just couldn't, my wife did so our votes were cancelled out. Looking forward to my half price batteries, and I will increase my solar panels. I would just love to get off the grid altogether and get rid of the gas. Frackers.

Just a reminder, the NSW government is still the major (51%) shareholder of the electricity retailers so they are in a position to lower prices if they really wanted to, but that would reduce their dividends.

The biggest problem with the electricity network is the power generation companies sell the power at the maximum demand (Whole amount sold at highest demand point) yet the retailers must sell at Kilowatt hours (actual power used). So one hour on a stinking hot day can cost twice as much money from the generators but is still restrained to actual power consumed from the distribution distributers causing them to inflate the price to cover.

Then you have the unmentioned problems associated with solar on houses as the distribution network is laid out like a large house with the fuses in the Zone substations protecting the distibutors (light and power circuits).
If we keep adding more and more solar units feeding back into the grid, all the protection in zone substation (fuses) start to not work as designed due to fault currents being fed from houses as well as from the network .
Thats just ust my rant. now for a couple of beers.

I have often thought about, if all house
Just a reminder, the NSW government is still the major (51%) shareholder of the electricity retailers so they are in a position to lower prices if they really wanted to, but that would reduce their dividends.

The biggest problem with the electricity network is the power generation companies sell the power at the maximum demand (Whole amount sold at highest demand point) yet the retailers must sell at Kilowatt hours (actual power used). So one hour on a stinking hot day can cost twice as much money from the generators but is still restrained to actual power consumed from the distribution distributers causing them to inflate the price to cover.

Then you have the unmentioned problems associated with solar on houses as the distribution network is laid out like a large house with the fuses in the Zone substations protecting the distibutors (light and power circuits).
If we keep adding more and more solar units feeding back into the grid, all the protection in zone substation (fuses) start to not work as designed due to fault currents being fed from houses as well as from the network .
Thats just ust my rant. now for a couple of beers.
Surely all that must be covered? When Little Billy Shorten gets in he is going to increase the solar energy use, I would hope that the grid could handle all the extra power going in, it must be monitored from somewhere, plus the fact that there are power stations which are no longer with us, someones got to take up the slack.

Back