Lesson To All Who Can't Think Of Every Danger...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cube

SAY MY NAME, BITCH
Reaction score
Well interesting lesson I had this morning. Come down stairs from a shower and smell beer. You know the smell of beer in a shitty kept local pub with wet bar mats etc. I immediately knew something was wrong with kegerator.

Wifey says there is a beer smell now and our 15 month old was eating a couple of milk arrowroot biscuits by the keg fridge door, super quite. Not like him at all being still and quiet. Turns out he was dunking his biscuits in the beer soaked carpet and gobbling up beer infused milk arrowroots.

Damn reg failed and went to full pressure and beer seeping out from beer out disconnect.

A big cheers to Pinnacle wholesalers whom within 10 minutes of an email from me replied with 'Sorry - I'll post you one tomorrow" Great service.

Now I just have to drag the 15 month old away from the keg fridge door who thinks he has found a pot of biscuit dipping gold in the carpet.

:eek:

i don't have children but i'm amazed that there arn't alot more stories of kids getting into dad's beer. Lucky, it could of been worse, sorry for your (beer) loss!

Turns out he was dunking his biscuits in the beer soaked carpet and gobbling up beer infused milk arrowroots.

mmmmmm, biscuit malt...... :D

EDIT: You know all of the "adults" on this forum are now gonna go and try this out at home.
there was a thread ages ago called "adventurous randall stuffings"........might crush up some arrowroots and throw 'em in my randall when i get home...

Toddler will be ok, they reckon that kids instinctively search out foods that their body needs, and one of the reasons for so much asthma nowadays is that they don't have enough grotty things around to shove in their mouths like in the good old days. Apparently I used to eat the peas etc out of the grey water trap (common in old UK houses) outside the kitchen door. :icon_drool2:

@BribieG - The term is 'helicoptor parenting' - ie. kids can't do a damn thing without the parents hovering over them to make sure they don't get a germ, owie or anything else that might put precious Johnny or Mary, who is perfect and can't be told they're not perfect because it'll break their spirit, in 'danger'.

@OP - Sorry about your beer loss - at least the kid (as they have a habit of doing) give you something to laugh about, to alleviate the misery.

Goomba

Well interesting lesson I had this morning. Come down stairs from a shower and smell beer. You know the smell of beer in a shitty kept local pub with wet bar mats etc. I immediately knew something was wrong with kegerator.

Wifey says there is a beer smell now and our 15 month old was eating a couple of milk arrowroot biscuits by the keg fridge door, super quite. Not like him at all being still and quiet. Turns out he was dunking his biscuits in the beer soaked carpet and gobbling up beer infused milk arrowroots.

Damn reg failed and went to full pressure and beer seeping out from beer out disconnect.

A big cheers to Pinnacle wholesalers whom within 10 minutes of an email from me replied with 'Sorry - I'll post you one tomorrow" Great service.

Now I just have to drag the 15 month old away from the keg fridge door who thinks he has found a pot of biscuit dipping gold in the carpet.

:eek:

did you get to it in time to stop the beer overcarbonating ? ;)

Toddler will be ok, they reckon that kids instinctively search out foods that their body needs, and one of the reasons for so much asthma nowadays is that they don't have enough grotty things around to shove in their mouths like in the good old days. Apparently I used to eat the peas etc out of the grey water trap (common in old UK houses) outside the kitchen door. :icon_drool2:
As my mum said, "You've gotta eat a cup of dirt."

found my son chewing on something one day. I fished out half a slater (little curled up dead thing had been lying on the floor for weeks)

@BribieG - The term is 'helicoptor parenting' - ie. kids can't do a damn thing without the parents hovering over them to make sure they don't get a germ, owie or anything else that might put precious Johnny or Mary, who is perfect and can't be told they're not perfect because it'll break their spirit, in 'danger'.

@OP - Sorry about your beer loss - at least the kid (as they have a habit of doing) give you something to laugh about, to alleviate the misery.

Goomba

Few people call their kids Johnny or Mary any more, it's mainly the likes of Taaahlyah and Jaeyddynn, although the "straw hat mums" (the generally plain jane plump ones with middle public service / bank manager etc husbands you see in parks congregating with strollers to have their natter and play group near their Audis and Cayenne 4wds with those broad brimmed straw hats on their late 30s early 40s already greying heads) are fighting back with "Rosy" and "Jack". So there's hope yet, as long as they don't regress to "Tarquin" and "Saskia".

Few people call their kids Johnny or Mary any more, it's mainly the likes of Taaahlyah and Jaeyddynn, although the "straw hat mums" (the generally plain jane plump ones with middle public service / bank manager etc husbands you see in parks congregating with strollers to have their natter and play group near their Audis and Cayenne 4wds with those broad brimmed straw hats on their late 30s early 40s already greying heads) are fighting back with "Rosy" and "Jack". So there's hope yet, as long as they don't regress to "Tarquin" and "Saskia".

milf

yummmmy mummmmmy

I use to eat chewy off the road, gravel and all. From what I remember it still had flavour!!!!!!!!!!! :beerbang:

Quite OT, but my sister and I used to drink the enviro-cycle (re: recycled) water that came out of the sprinklers to water the garden and we turned out just fine :ph34r:

Might have to try some in the HLT one day for a little extra spice to a saison

Sponge

Ah yes, menopausal mums as my wife says.

You go up to the Royal Hospital (my missus is preggers) and the mums are either 14 or 40. No middle ground.

Straw Hat mums drive Parados in inner Brisbane schools. Yes, that is a deliberate spelling error - they all like to parade, but forget that they're all clones of each other, so nowt to show off.

did you get to it in time to stop the beer overcarbonating ? ;)

Yeah - good question. I quickly poured a few schoooooooners straddling the youngin' while he scoffed his biscuits :) All froth. I'll try tonight after a mixed 6 pack I got for the game because I don't want to drink froth tonight. I'll have more time to sort it out then when he is not around and asleep and i'm half cut from the mixed six I got.

Well done LRG, any names in mind? Remember that double vowels and double consonants are Uberbogan :icon_cheers:

My mother in law came out one day to find my son, a year or less at the time and supposedly being watched by his grandfather, with a live cockroach in his mouth.
Pretty good reflexes was all I could say when I found out, and finished laughing...

mmmmmm, biscuit malt...... :D

EDIT: You know all of the "adults" on this forum are now gonna go and try this out at home.
there was a thread ages ago called "adventurous randall stuffings"........might crush up some arrowroots and throw 'em in my randall when i get home...
Couple of packs of Arrowroot biscuits in the mash maybe?

My mother in law came out one day to find my son, a year or less at the time and supposedly being watched by his grandfather, with a live cockroach in his mouth.
Pretty good reflexes was all I could say when I found out, and finished laughing...

Must be a son of a QLDer :lol:
You may have to remove that HUB banner LOL

Latest posts

Back