Legal-action-against-australias-family-courts/

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

the_new_darren

Beer Dog
Reaction score
for those interested?

http://www.avoiceformen.com/updates/news-u...-family-courts/

If in Victoria, this guy needs some support.
Australian men are advised of the pending legal action: Michael McGarvie Legal Services Commissioner v Harold James Johnson in the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) scheduled to commence on Monday 21 May 2012 at 10.00 AM, 55 King Street, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.James Johnson is a prominent human rights lawyer, and stanch opponent of what he terms the Lawyerocracy which includes the corrupt Family Law, Federal Magistrates Courts of Australia and the Child Support Agency. Johnson has written and advocated widely about the constitutional and civil liberties breaches that routinely transpire in these settings and the horrific consequences for families, men and children.

As Mr. Johnson points out from the Australian Governments own figures, 4000 Child Support Agency Clients (Political NewSpeak for non-custodial dads) die every year. Thats an average of 12 new deaths (many of them suicides not properly recorded as such) and 36 newly orphaned Aussie kids, happening every day in Australia.

He also highlights the $4 billion transferred annually by The System out of taxpayers pockets into the pockets of the judges, other lawyers and public servants who staff these courts, and the $40 billion drawn and quartered out of Australian families each year.

This $40 billion redistributed among layers ($10 billion), the cash economy via the banking and repossession systems ($20 billion) with only $10 billion remaining to be fought over like cats and dogs by the 200,000 families processed by the system.

Interested readers are encouraged to follow the links below for more information. More importantly, anyone who might have the opportunity to attend the hearings (especially the opening May 21) are encouraged to show their support for James as he takes on the system, and help put this travesty of justice firmly on Australias political agenda in the lead up to the next election.

Links

http://jamesjohnsonchr.wordpress.com/2012/...al-21-may-2012/

http://jamesjohnsonchr.wordpress.com/2011/...r-horror-story/

http://jamesjohnsonchr.wordpress.com/2012/...ily-law-courts/

[...]and the $40 billion drawn and quartered out of Australian families each year.

This $40 billion redistributed among layers ($10 billion), the cash economy via the banking and repossession systems ($20 billion) with only $10 billion remaining to be fought over like cats and dogs by the 200,000 families processed by the system.
Mate I'd hazard a guess that's because family break ups are invariably spiteful, and one party would rather see their joint assets burnt by lawyers fees than let the other party get their fair share.
"HE'S NOT GETTING THAT!" "NO **** HER, I PUT IN MORE FOR THAT!" Meanwhile the clock is ticking over $$$.
Even if their lawyer advises them to settle, they have to take direction from the client.

(SWMBO used to work in family law, & had a new story to tell every week about the irrational bullshit people used to do)

I have a workmate who has been fucked over big time by the Family Law Courts. His wife is a manupulating vindictive bitch, but the law is on her side because she is a woman/mother. My work mate is unable to have any contact at all with his kids and there is nothing he can do about it because his ex is a smart woman and knows how to twist the system to her needs. For what it is worth my workmate is a nice guy and I really feel sorry for him.

-BD

Unfortunately it happens everyday BD. Family lawyers know how to establish the conflict. Once its started, there is no stopping it.

In a months time it is only going to get worse as the Dillard Govt have just legislated legal lying in the Family Court.....no punishment for knowingly making false allegations (aka perjury) (see links below)

You would think that with figures like this there would be some action?

As Mr. Johnson points out from the Australian Governments own figures, 4000 Child Support Agency Clients (Political NewSpeak for non-custodial dads) die every year. Thats an average of 12 new deaths (many of them suicides not properly recorded as such) and 36 newly orphaned Aussie kids, happening every day in Australia.

That's almost three times greater than the Road toll. But I guess they are just men and they dont really matter.

tnd

where do the orphan stats come from ?
thats saying they all had 3 kids and dont both parents have to die to become an orphan ?
seems some BS might be in those statements

if people have suicidal tendencies i don't think they should have custody of any kids, they might kill the kids as well. Plenty have done that

if people have suicidal tendencies i don't think they should have custody of any kids, they might kill the kids as well. Plenty have done that

Maheel,

If you have lost your house (to the ex wife who may the instigator and found "new" partner) lost contact with your kids and the trauma means you cannot do your job properly, then I suspect YOU will have thoughts of suicide.

I know, I know....wont happen to you because your a nice guy!!! and your wife (if you have one) is also nice and would never do anything like that.

I predict that many more will do exactly as you say once these new and sexist laws come into action.

Family Lawyers.......................SCUM OF THE EARTH. I hope you never reason to engage one. If you do perhaps you can reflect on your simple-minded comments.

tnd

Sorry, but where do these figures come from? He says 'the Australian Government's own figures' but supplies no references to support his claim.
It's clear from the description of the child support agency that this body covers both sides, not just dads, so that would mean the figure is 4000 deaths (he even just says deaths, which could mean 80% of them could be car accidents) of parents, not dads, involved in this horrible process.
Not a good statistic anyway but hardly another example of "genocide".
The prospect of never seeing my kids again fills me with dread but bullshit retoric supporting any kind of group/opinion/issue just winds me up...

The prospect of never seeing my kids again fills me with dread but bullshit retoric supporting any kind of group/opinion/issue just winds me up...

Good luck to you then BC,

In the Family Courts eyes, your posts on an internet forum such as this are PROOF that you are an abusive alcoholic and are therefore reason enough for you to not see your kids.

If that is what your wife wants to tell the court then you will be in BIG trouble and its going to cost atleast $30,000 to fight and then you will probably end up only seeing them one weekend a month if you are lucky, if you are not lucky then all contact will be in a "supervised" room.

I have 5/14 nights contact with my kids. Time I absolutely love but cost a fortune. Prior to seperation "we" had agreed to 50/50.

And FWIW, you probably think I am a woman hater. No I am a womyn hater!!

I am re-married to a lovely woman. Do I think it could happen again? Yes, of course it could. A woman scorned...........

tnd

PS: A couple of months ago I had a police raid looking for illegal guns. Five cops and a "gun dog". Coincidently on Valentines Day.

An anonymous "tip-off" apparently. No guns found. Sorry Sir. Probably the advice of an informed Family Lawyer...

Gee Darren, I do somewhat understand your long standing argument with the family law court, lawyers, etc, but a man of you intellect...why do you post this stuff on a brewing forum?

You're a good guy and obviously burnt by the ex missus, her new missus and their lawyer, but mate, if you let this consume your life, it will be gone before you know it!

If this is something you are serious about, then do something serious about it, posting on AHB is not doing something serious, running for paliament or something similar, where you can change things, is!

If you want to be taken seriously, then you need to start referencing your statements with some peer-reviewed material or something equivalent. I read an article a while back in the Weekend Australian Magazine about DNA testing and child maintenance, if they introduced mandatory DNA testing, it would bank-rupt the system.

I agree with most of your stand point on how males are treated in the family law court and I am a happily married man with 2 awesome kids, but you need to unite people not divide them.

i'm not really sure why your linking to a affirmative action group ?
I for one am all for women's equity and especially equal pay and the other beliefs of that group.

are you saying you don't want women in parliament / politics or they should not have the same benefits men do ?

paints a interesting picture of you :blink:

Maheel,

Equality in the work place/parliament are good things for women and as such equality in the Family Court should also apply. Currently women are getting 90% of majority care and men are being ignored. False allegations are driving these disparity in the figures. ie. If you have a husband working and a house together...seperation results in woman gets the house, man gets a rental property. Less time man see's kids more child support woman gets. Woman never needs to work again. Kids miss out on having the influences and nuances of a father. Father pays for a child he never gets to see. If the mother is LYING then father gets angry (and rightly so). Lawyers get HUGE amounts of income. Family is destroyed.

Kirem,

Any publicity is good publicity. If for some reason your wife "decided" that she had a vendetta against you, chances are that you would no longer be happily married and you or your parents would no longer be able to spend quality time with your kids.

Case at hand I was the primary carer of my kids as I was a PhD student and could afford to take time off to pick up kids from school, cook dinner, clean house etc and could prove it. If you work 45+ hours and spend little time with your kids.....you are as they say "fucked" in the Family Court.

Family Court....CORRUPT, FEMYNIST, downfall of modern society.

Spend 5 minutes in the FAMILY COURT ($15,000) and you will understand.

tnd

EDIT: We spent so much on lawyers that we could have sent the kids to the best private school in Adelaide. I told the ex this but she was hell-bent and wouldnt listen. She is a crazy and not the last of them.

I ended up with the Family home only because I could afford to fight her. If she had not been working at the time she would have "qualified" for "legal aid" and they would have spent $300,000 in tax payer money for her case.

If you dont have a spare $50,000 for a Family Court fight, you WILL lose your house, kids, life.

If you dont care about your kids or yourself, then you shouldn't be reading this

Yes but you are trying to make other people understand so you can get support. Some of them may not have been in the family court. Some of them may never but they can still be sympathetic or actively supportive.

There is a lot of hyperbole in some of the original quoted statistics and unless there are references to back it up, that's what it remains and it does more harm than good. Same with linking emily's list directly to a biased family court without actually suggesting why that is relevant. There's no mention in the links to what you are talking about in regards to the family court and parental custody.

I do sympathise with yourself and many other fathers who have mud thrown at them because they are male. My brother is currently trying to organise some custody rights for his first child outside the courts and it's been ongoing for years. That's outside the courts - god knows how it will go if it ever gets inside and I know that he is loving, caring and utterly non abusive to a child he rarely sees and NEVER sees outside the supervision of the mother (not a legal requirement - just how she plays it and what he is trying to change). Employed, pays all his child support, married and settled, not drug addicted, alcoholic, violent or any other major negative. Deserves some time with his child.

Precisely because it's a worthwhile cause (separating fathers from the stereotype of bad/abusive fathers essentially and making the law see everything on an equal footing) you would do better to avoid generalist statements and statistics UNLESS you have a reference for those. The same goes for anything.

You have a reasonable point. Be reasonable about expressing it and reasonable people will support it. Don't drive away your target audience because of your personal (and quite possibly well justified) frustration.

Hey Manticle,

Thanks for your response. Part of the problem is obtaining funding to do the studies. You ever tried to get data from gov't agencies though freedom of information regarding ACTUAL numbers of male suicide following entering the Family law systen v males not entering the family law system??

The feminazi "literature" which the current "government policy" is based on is also filled with non-truths and biased research (ie it is crap and should not be worth a dime if scientific protocols should be followed) I suspect that is why some "rash" statements are being made by the "fathers" groups.

Fact is that the Family Court and Family Lawyers are corrupt and there is NOTHING to stop them being so. They are hidden behind a "veil" of secrecy. There is never any report of the decisions they make "in the best interests of the children". They are protected species and the original post will hopefully reveal some of the corruption (you all did read the Victorian case??)

tnd

Hey Manticle,

Thanks for your response. Part of the problem is obtaining funding to do the studies. You ever tried to get data from gov't agencies though freedom of information regarding ACTUAL numbers of male suicide following entering the Family law systen v males not entering the family law system??

The feminazi "literature" which the current "government policy" is based on is also filled with non-truths and biased research (ie it is crap and should not be worth a dime if scientific protocols should be followed) I suspect that is why some "rash" statements are being made by the "fathers" groups.

Fact is that the Family Court and Family Lawyers are corrupt and there is NOTHING to stop them being so. They are hidden behind a "veil" of secrecy. There is never any report of the decisions they make "in the best interests of the children". They are protected species and the original post will hopefully reveal some of the corruption (you all did read the Victorian case??)

tnd

I don't think bringing in the issue of lesbian/homosexual parents will help your cause at all, nor will disparaging women who don't have children.

I for one support the right of same sex parents to become legal parents through adoption, IVF if they want to spend the money and time or fostering etc.

Penny Wong wanting a kid without a Wang shouldn't have any relevance to what you are trying to change.

It doesn't have anything to do with your current cause and to try and use it will give you an image that won't work in your favour except with a few ultra conservatives.

The issue, as far as I understand is about equal treatment and, unlike many other areas in our society, the balance is shifted well away from men in the family courts. That's what you're trying to rectify and the situation itself is something that should be rectified. Once you start bringing sexual politics into it (gender relationships, women's advocacy groups etc) you are working against yourself and creating ammunition that can be used against you.

Don't use hyperbole or ad hominem arguments. Stick to the facts. They should be enough.

Manticle....Yeah sure,

Federal feminist politicians making legislation which denies the natural rights of a child to have two parents (legislating that dads should be guilty before proven innocent). That should be accepted as just and equitable? **** OFF.

And for what it is worth....YOU as a tax payer pay for lesbians to undergo IVF. These same lesbians take the place of a male-female couple who cannot conceive naturally.

If you think that the likes of Gillard, Plibersek, Wrong and Roxon have your best interests in mind or legislation (as a man) then you are seriously deluded.

Snorkel,

You seem as a perfect, well rounded individual with NO kids. If you have some and want to see them and play a part in their future lives, you will be extremely unlikely to get that. All you will hear is HTFU.

tnd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back