Leffe Blonde

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THE DRUNK ARAB said:
Hey bennyc,

the only tip I would give you is use an authentic Belgian yeast such as 1762, 1214 or even 3787 (all from Wyeast)

I brewed this again last month and used the Leuven Ale yeast. It is currently conditioning and samples are really promising. I don't think you can go too wrong with the malt bill on this and you could easily mix the hop varieties up a bit but aim for the same bitterness (no American hops however), let the yeast do the talking.

Good luck with it.

C&B
TDA
G'Day Drunk Arab,

Got all the ingredients to do your leffe blonde clone. I'm going to use 1214 yeast.
What were your mash temps mate? I have read 65 to 66. Is the what you reckon and how about mash in and mash out temps and times? Keen as, so much so I'm going to brew two and pitch a double!

Cheers,
Hodgo

Les the Weizguy said:
Happy to answer here, as I have brewed this beer a few times.

From here - http://aussiehomebrewer.com/recipe/380-fly-blown-belgian/ 13 posts down the thread.

'single infusion at 65C. Pitch a lot of healthy yeast and the beer should attenuate nicely down to 1010 or below."

Les
Hey Les,

Thanks mate, got the grain all sorted now so I'll get the brews out in the next few days. Have two smack packs of 1214 (which all the boys in my brew club reckon would be best plus Jamil used that in his clone!) which I'll make a starter from anyway.

Cheers,
Simon.

Gonna bottle my Leffe Blonde on the weekend. What sort of carbonation level should I aim for?

Hey Les,

Thanks mate, got the grain all sorted now so I'll get the brews out in the next few days. Have two smack packs of 1214 (which all the boys in my brew club reckon would be best plus Jamil used that in his clone!) which I'll make a starter from anyway.

Cheers,
Simon.
I used the Saf S-33 x 2 packets and it was very close for me. Not so close with W3864 (Canadian/Belgian ale), and not yet tried with W1762 (iirc, the Rochefort yeast/Belgian Ale II), but that's one that TDA preferred, along with Leuven. Maybe I'll try with the Schelde yeast (split batch).

Gonna bottle my Leffe Blonde on the weekend. What sort of carbonation level should I aim for?
Typical Belgian carbonation is medium high. I'd be looking at 2.8 - 3.5 vol CO2

Back