Lecterfan is back!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lecterfan

Yeast, unleashed in the East...
Reaction score
So - whole new setup, worked out the theory, but of course the practice was a bit different.

Anyway - I was single vessel (keggle) BIAB for ages and very happy with the results but only marginally happy with the output/leftovers etc etc etc.

Slowly, with the greatest help from Billygoat and encouragement from Vic45 I put this rig together. It is still totez brutez 'ghetto' etc etc, but today was a great success for a first run (although I have no-chilled - for the first time - in the shed so the end result is yet to be determined)...

So here we have some photos of the day:

Ghettoz and the resultz (60 odd litres of 1.024 wort @ 58c)
Screen Shot 2015-01-10 at 11.55.14 pm.png

The most important equipment in the shed (With thanks to Liam for inspiration and assistance) - plus the results of a hard day...
Screen Shot 2015-01-11 at 12.42.29 am.png

Ended up with 4L more wort at 3 points higher gravity than anticipated...hopefull the next few batches I do on this new system dial in this same way!

Cheers all! :icon_cheers:

Almost identical to my new setup, but still at the putting together/calibration stage. I really don't enjoy this bit, too stressful as I am scared I will do a tap up wrong or something.

How did you go getting tap through bung hole of techniice esky?

Welcome back Lecterfan! always enjoyed your posts when I was new to the board.

FWIW waggastew I just drilled a new hole in my Techi and sealed up the old one with Selley's Aqua Seal, which is food safe at mashing temps.

Drinking the first efforts from this rig now - pretty happy. Flavour is fine, a bit hazy still, perhaps a touch too bitter for my tastes given that I am new to no-chill etc etc, but all in all...**** IT'S GOOD TO BE DRINKING HOMEBREW AGAIN!

Half the batch was a mid strength APA, the other half became a slightly hoppy saison...both are nice in their own way, and (ironically enough) the leftovers keg is magic haha.

Tomorrow I smash out my next effort, another double batch, half of which will become and altbier, the other half an American amber ale. Grains are pre-milled, HLT filled up, second gas bottle and reg ready to go...I'm bound to stuff something up between now and then, but it feels great to be back in the saddle and not have an overflowing recycle bin from bottles!!!

Cheers!

Back