Leaky pin lock gas connect - HELP!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bats

Reaction score
I NEED HELP!

I have tried a search but no answers jumped out at me.

All of a sudden, I have a leak in my pin lock cornelius keg co2 in.

IMG_1128.JPG

As you can see in the photo, it's leaking from the thread where the pin lock attaches to the keg.
I haven't touched it and just started leaking all of a sudden.

I unscrewed it and tried a bit of thread tape but still the same. I have a small gas dip tube which has a rubber seal. Would replacing this make any difference? It seems to me that it's more in the thread itself.

Also, whilst we're on the topic of kegs being able to hold pressure, I bought some (apparently) refurbished pin lock kegs on ebay. They had been apparently pressure tested and passed QC to be shipped as second hand kegs. When they arrived, they were pressurised, but pressurised to the max! When I have tested them since releasing the pressure, the lid seals will not seal. One does seal at 200 to 300 psi but as soon as you drop it to pouring pressure, the lid loses it's seal and is therefore useless.

I am having a keg crisis and need help badly. I have always had 2 pin locks that worked fine but now one has the seal problem at the co2 connect. And the 2 I bought don't seal at the lids.

Long post but would appreciate any tips.

do you a spare keg,if so try swaping the disconnect and also replace dip tube rubber,where does the bubbles to appear to be coming from.the thread side around when it sits on the keg..could be a cracked post

From the photo, it certainly looks like it is leaking from the thread. In which case, is there any damage to the male or female threads?

If not, make sure you are wrapping the thread seal tape the correct direction so that it does not unwrap when you screw it in. You should be able to get a leak tight seal by using more tape wraps (make it thicker) and ensuring it is screwed up tight.

My connects are female type threads so I tried one from another keg and had no leaks.

Therefore the issue is in the thread on the female end of the connect, not male end on the keg luckily. Problem solved!

Now I need to find somewhere where I can buy a new connect.

Any ideas?

Latest posts

Back