Leaky Perlick 525's

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkaos

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Recently bought a couple of perlicks for the kegerator. Got them connected up, fark me they pull a great beer. The problem is that I am getting a leak out of the nut that connects the barb to the shank. I bought the lot from brauman59 as per other AHB members recommendation, so I'm not sure why it's occurring.

From looking at the barb and O ring, there is a 2-3mm lip where the O ring sits behind it. As a result, the O ring cannot but up against the shank thereby creating a seal. My diagram below illustrates the concept.

Can anyone please provide insight into what I am doing incorrectly?

Cheers,

Clint

tap_diagram.jpg

Hi mate.

I too purchased the 525's from that eBay seller and have been very happy with them. I am sorry I can't help you though, I am using this fitting.

Where did you get the barb, nut and O-ring from? I am pretty sure I understand what you are describing. Perhaps you are using a oring that is too small. I would think the oring should sit up against the end and be pushed by the locking nut? I am probably way off but trying to think of what's going on. Sorry mate.

You need a seal between the shank and the fitting. Try fitting the o ring in that space and tighten it up. Otherwise you need to get a proper washer.

Ok. Why would a o-ring be on the actual nipple part. Im thinking the o-ring should sith between the shank and the barb itself.

oring goes where the red arrow points, If you got the shank and all supplied with the tap otherwise I am not sure what your set up is

I have 4 of them and none of mine leak. The only leak I had was from the nut itself and that was only due to not being tight enough. Has it got any rough edges etc that you can clean up with a knife to get a better seal? And sometimes over tightening is the problem.

The O ring goes between the end of the shank and the face of the "T" piece, the nut then tightens over the "T" piece and o ring onto the shank.

oring goes where the red arrow points, If you got the shank and all supplied with the tap otherwise I am not sure what your set up is
Hey kelbygreen,
I figured that, so I actually tried to fit the O ring where the red arrow is but it is a very tough o ring and will not sit on there nicel.y. I'm probably going to take under's advice and grab the JG shank fitting. Looks brilliant!

Cheers

Clint

What beer line are you using?

Latest posts

Back