Leaking Tap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sluggerdog

Beer In Here
Reaction score
Hi,

I have just installed my first tap onto my keg fridge (finally..been using a picnic tap) anyway my problem is it leaks at the back.

you can see in the attached picture that it is dripping all the time. It is not anything to do with the beer line, it is leaking from the nut that connect the shank to the connector that has the beer line.

Is there any trick to this? I have it as tight as I can but it still does not make a differance...

Cheers :(

leaking_tap.jpg

My guess is you have the little pip thingy that goes into the beerline arse about

Batz

Batz said:
My guess is you have the little pip thingy that goes into the beerline arse about

Batz
[post="45719"][/post]​

Do you mean the rubber ring inside between the pipe and the nut? or the thing I connect the line to?

Have taken it on and off a few times, without much luck.. :(

Just too it off again and the rubber ring has split... BUGGER!

Sluggerdog

That notwithstanding. Put the line on after soaking in hot water and put a couple of electrical cable ties on the end of the line. While the line is still soft pull the cable ties fairly tight with a qair of needle-nose pliers.

This more or less firms the line up on the barb. You don't want leaking there as I've learned previously. The mould has a field day on it. :eek:

Warren -

Latest posts

Back