Leaking manifold gas tap/valve

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nosco

Reaction score
I'm using a regular KK 4 way manifold in my keezer. One tap in particular has a slight leak when turned on. I can just hear it. I think its happened a few times with all of them at one time or another. They all leak when turned to 1/4 or 3/4 (1/2 way is on). I forced carbed the keg its on so i thought it might be back pressure but no luck. Atm im turning it on for serving and then off again.

Is there a trick to stopping this or are they just shit quality? Some keg lube or teflon? Is there better qualityf for an upgrade? I havnt seen anything else around or atleast they all look the same or similar. Im hoping to get a 5th valve on the end.

1433158251444.jpg

I have the same one. What I did when I first assembled it was dunk it in water to test for leaks. KK sell extra valves as well if it is the valve.

Yeah the valves are easy to get. I have a spare one from Grain n Grape. Maybe I'll get a few more and test em like you said. Pita tho coz I'll have to take the hoses apart to get it out. Probably better off tho. I rushed the installation a bit.

I was kinda hoping that there is better quality ones available.

Yep. I have the 5way version, and one valve defo leaks at times... pretty sure it's ok when in the ON position though. But, you never know :-/

I'll probably upgrade it at some point. Disappointed they aren't check valves either.

Ive seen a few people on here using the little pneumatic regulator like you see on compressors. Only about $12 on ebay but I dont know how to use them. The ones on ebay say 1/4 (inch?) which is the same as the manifolds i think. I need to buy one and check it out.

1433215182263.jpg

Hi guys I have a stupid question about KK manifold..I got 2way one yesterday but I would prefer to swap the inlet on the other side...anyone has done it?
I tried but it looks very tight.. and I didn't try too hard for avoid to crack it... anyone knows anything about it?
then I actually have another Q...even more stupid...anyone knows why they have a 45 degree angle???wtf...I prefer it straight!

You can change them over. Just make sure you have a good tight fitting spanner. The cap bolt is brass and can strip easily. It will be toght to start with. Whatever they use to seal it goes hard and makes it tough
to get started. Get some decent teflon tape to seal it up again.

Not sure about the 45's. The ones mine came with are straight.

tnt650r I had exactly the same problem with my kk manifold the other week. My solution in the end was to change my set up rather than the inlet side haha coz that thing is on f-Ing tight. I know that doesn't help. You should be able to swap it though with a vice and spanner to ensure it doesn't crack. Personally I like the 45 angle.

tnt650r I had exactly the same problem with my kk manifold the other week. My solution in the end was to change my set up rather than the inlet side haha coz that thing is on f-Ing tight. I know that doesn't help. You should be able to swap it though with a vice and spanner to ensure it doesn't crack. Personally I like the 45 angle.image.jpg

ok thanks guys, tomorrow I will try to break it! :D (I hope no...)
and for the 45...well no much I can do..I tried to go back to the shop and they told me that it s the only one they have..so...well..45 it will be! :beerbang:

dannymars said:
Yep. I have the 5way version, and one valve defo leaks at times... pretty sure it's ok when in the ON position though. But, you never know :-/

I'll probably upgrade it at some point. Disappointed they aren't check valves either.
But they are check valves... (my kk one is at least)

Latest posts

Back