Leaking Keg Beer Disconect?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyt

Reaction score
Hi all,

I noticed beer dripping down side of keg, appears to be leaking in between the post and the disconect.....the post itself is not leaking, as i removed the disconect left for some time and no leak from post.

So i replaced the external o ring on the post and lubed it up....but still leaking. I swapped the disconect with my other keg as i thought possibly the groove that houses the o ring maybe damaged, but same result leaking keg still leaking the other ok.

Anyone have any thoughts??

Thanks in advance

Cheers

I really don't know but I would be now trying to eliminated the actual posts. Try swapping posts on the kegs or even look at the poppets.

Sorry not much help.

So you've swapped the o-ring on the offending post and still leak
Tested the disconnect on another keg and no leak? Or tested a different disconnect on the leaking post and it still leaks?

If its still leaking with two different disconnects (and you've tested they don't leak when connected to a different keg) then there's something wrong with the post. I would depressure and take the post off, give it and the poppet a thorough clean and lube the poppet and o-ring (and the o-ring on the beer out tube). Put it back on the keg, dry the post and area around and pressure up. Come back a few hrs later to make sure it's not leaking from the post. Then put on the disconnect and clean any beer which might come out when installing. Come back later to check for leaks.

I just had this problem. It was the gasket inside the fluid connector leaking. I don't suppose your leak is coming up through the top is it? Mine was. I replaced it and the leak went away.

I made a portable rig using the old connector. I teflon taped the maintenance cap on top and it stopped the leak.

So you've swapped the o-ring on the offending post and still leak
Tested the disconnect on another keg and no leak? Or tested a different disconnect on the leaking post and it still leaks?

If its still leaking with two different disconnects (and you've tested they don't leak when connected to a different keg) then there's something wrong with the post. I would depressure and take the post off, give it and the poppet a thorough clean and lube the poppet and o-ring (and the o-ring on the beer out tube). Put it back on the keg, dry the post and area around and pressure up. Come back a few hrs later to make sure it's not leaking from the post. Then put on the disconnect and clean any beer which might come out when installing. Come back later to check for leaks.
Yep, this was my next plan of attack.....But was thinking, even if the topOf the post is leaking, it still has to get past that external o ring on the post to drip out..... So thats why its got me stumped!
Cheers

Got your posts mixed up when you put the keg back together?

One is different then the other and when you mix them up one disconnect usually gets stuck. Have not done it myself so I do not remember what one gets stuck. Does the gas disconnect come off or is it stuck?

Got your posts mixed up when you put the keg back together?

One is different then the other and when you mix them up one disconnect usually gets stuck. Have not done it myself so I do not remember what one gets stuck. Does the gas disconnect come off or is it stuck?
No, i know the gas and liquid posts are diff. I didnt change the posts around, i changed the disconects around. ( both liquid ones ofcourse ) thanks for your input anyway.
Cheers

Latest posts

Back