Leaking Co2 Bottle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crd0902

Reaction score
Well got home after a few days away and went straight to my kegerator, checked the pressure gauge and she was dropped to near bottom. Only put one keg on it so far. I squirted the lines and connections when I first hooked up and fix a leaking post. Sprayed everything but the neck of the actual bottle and guess where it's leaking. If I could post a photo I would but won't work. Hopefully the hb shop is going to replace it. Anyway thats my good news. Cheers
Chris

its not leaking around the keg posts or the keg lid is it?

Nah it was but I fixed that it's definitely leakin round the bottle. Can see the corrosion around the top

yeah take it back see what they say. But if it was sitting in the shop filled then it should of been empty when you received it if the bottle was leaking. maybe it got bumped on the way home? or if they filled it when they sold it to you then they obviously didn't check it for leaks

When I bought the setup it was suppose to be new, but the fridge didn't work properly and when I went back they told me they had used it, but I got a brand new fridge out of it. Maybe the bottle was stuffed before but how long would it take to empty if it was a slow leak like I have. I have had the whole system since start of feb. the like reckon sits cheaper for him to send the bottles to Perth and just do exchange bottles so I'm thinking it's come from the supplier in Perth and maybe hasn't been tested. It looks corroded around the neck. If I could upload a photo you can see it clearly.

Since the start of Feb? One whole month and it's already corroded!

I'd be talking to the shop you bought it from.

Bottles don't (or should I say should not leak). Valves and fittings leak. Remember you need to open the valve all the way or the stem can leak past the packing.

If it is the bottle that is defective and it is new take it back.

I don't think it corroded over a month. They exchange bottles so second hand. But the bottle is turned off and it leaks from where the steal threaded part is on the actual bottle. Wish I could put up photos.

Shop going to replace bottle but they have none until maybe Friday. Hope what little gas I have left can keep pouring untill then.

Not sure what brand actually. It's all stamped and certified. Was talking to them this morning and they said they suppose to be tested when they get filled. 35 bucks for exchange bottle but I'm not paying cause its not my problem which is good

Back