Leaking Beer Disconnect

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clean brewer

Obsessed Home Brewer
Reaction score
Hey all,

In prep for the Qld Case Swap I unfortunately unscrewed my Beer disconnect on my Bronco Tap/Hose, after reassembly and lubeing it, it just seems to leak now no matter what... :(

Are these really meant to be pulled apart at all? Any tips for fixing?

Ive pulled apart and reassembled a few times with no luck so far????

:( :icon_cheers: CB

Does all the parts look to be going together like this?
gasqdapart1.jpg

The washer is still there and not damaged?

Hey all,

In prep for the Qld Case Swap I unfortunately unscrewed my Beer disconnect on my Bronco Tap/Hose, after reassembly and lubeing it, it just seems to leak now no matter what... :(

Are these really meant to be pulled apart at all? Any tips for fixing?

Ive pulled apart and reassembled a few times with no luck so far????

:( :icon_cheers: CB

+1 on these questions. Never thought myself whether they need to be pulled apart for cleaning or maintenance (lube, etc).

I always thought grey was for gas and black was for beer, and there can be variances in the size of the ID in them.

Have you tried a different connector? (black pref) If that works lash out and buy a new one.

Does all the parts look to be going together like this?
gasqdapart1.jpg

The washer is still there and not damaged?
Cheers CD, silly me, I picked up a small washer from the laundry tub after cleaning the Bronco Tap/disconnect and thought nothing of it, just put it on the sink and kept going, sorted now.... :beerbang:

I love this Forum, so informative and helpful...

+1 on these questions. Never thought myself whether they need to be pulled apart for cleaning or maintenance (lube, etc).

I do now after see some hop gunk in one.... :huh: Wouldnt worry with Gas ones though...

CB

Grey is for the gas, black for beer. Insides are the same.

Cleaning is necessary after a while. Things get gunked up such as in the dip tube, in the post, the disconnect and the tap.

I pull mine apart to clean fairly often. Only time I've had an issue was when I left off a grommet.

Cheers CD, silly me, I picked up a small washer from the laundry tub after cleaning the Bronco Tap/disconnect and thought nothing of it, just put it on the sink and kept going, sorted now.... :beerbang:

CB

Stick with cooking mate ;)

I'll send your gear off tomorrow morning.

Batz

I have a similar problem with my stainless steel/brass beer disconnect that I dismantled for a thorough cleaning after years of disuse. Is there a specific tool for tightening these things? Should I just use vice grips to do it? Would I wreck it?

Or should I just chuck it & get a new one?

i have a spare gas and liquid just in case,i strip my disconnects every so often and give them a soak in perc and lube up.give them a run thru of starsan when i clean the line..and then there right to pour beer

Latest posts

Back