Leak Coincides With Bubbles In Air Line

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobB

Reaction score
Not another bloody "air in my beer line" thread..........

I'm hoping someone can help steer me towards my CO2 leak.

I don't force carb. I carbonate and serve at my desired pressure.

I have short beer lines with in-line flow controllers which have served me well for many brews.

My taps and lines are all fully contained within a chest freezer. i.e. open the freezer lid to pour with all hardware nice and cool.

I occasionally see a bubble or two in a beer line but nothing which has caused me problems before.

So, after dicking around inside the chest freezer shuffling kegs and moving lines, I come back after a couple of days to find all gauges reading zero.

I have just hooked up a new bottle and one beer line is filling with bubbles after each pour (each rather foamy pour, at that). Would my leak and bubbly beer line be related? So far I am not having any success locating the leak with soapy water.

by no means an expert but sounds like a leaky keg to me(being the keg with the air in the line) when were the seals last done? did you use keg lube on the seals? I have one doing the same thing, but know it's over due for new seals ... so taken it off the gas, now on the to do list.

Latest posts

Back