Latest Batch

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

volcano

Reaction score
Okay guys. Heres my latest.
Made a brew with the Tooheys Special Draught. Specifics:
500gm llme
1kg "TCB Ultra Brew"
250gm Honey
12g Goldings 30 mins
12g POR Dry hopped
O.G 1.062
F.G 1.018

So, It fermented for 5 days, (2 consecutive readings of 1.018) and then transferred to the clearing cube where the POR hops were added. There it sat for 2 weeks until on Wednesday I transferred it to the keg. Put it under 31psi for two days.

Come Friday night (read: now) I have my tasting. Tastes very malty. Nice, but there is a rather different taste that I can't explain. Also, it is rather cloudy (not muddy, but quite darkish and almost murky). I thought 2 weeks would work wonders. Also, it is not very gassed. Is 31psi high enough?

Like I said, it tastes nice, but it just seems somewhat "dissapointing" for want of better words. It smelled SO promising too! Mind you, it will be gone in 3 weeks guaranteed. I guess I am just a bit fussy after tasting Nicko's Pale Ale... that was a nice drop.

i'd be skeptical about the quality of those tooheys cans.
too get the most out of them i would think giving them some spice/floral and honey flavour with hallertau or other german noble hops would be the trick.

Back