Last K&K Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newts

Reaction score
Hi all,

Been away for a week so been away from the forum. Back now and have another question.

Put in an order for a bunch of ingredients to move toward full extract, and possibly grain brewing but while waiting for the ingredients arrival I thought I may as well whack on another K&K. Based on what everyone says about the results with extract and AG it should be my last K&K.

I'm looking at brewing a Cooper's Mexican Cerveza kit. From what I've read here it's similar to Corona with a little more taste. The pack says use the "Brew Enhancer" which I'm trying to move away from considering i have a bulk bag of dextrose and light dry malt on hand that need to be used at some point.

I'm tossing up whether to brew the kit as per the instructions with straight dextrose, or use DME and some finishing hops to "enhance" the kit. In saying that I don't really know what to expect as I've never brewed the straight kit before so just wanted peoples opinions on what I could do with what I have on hand. I have Cascade, Hallertau and Amarillo finishing hops available.

Cheers all,

Newts

I brewed it recently for the boy and just used brew enhancer #2
All who have tasted it have been happy

There is no need to use Brew Enhancer. BE1 is dextrose and some maltodextrin, BE2 is the same but with a bit of dry malt. There's nothing special about them.

Newts, maybe explain what you're hoping to achieve with the brew. Might get more focused responses that way (no disrespect intended to meathead, his advice is entirely relevant).

Do you want something Corona-ish? You want to use the kit as a plain base for something more adventurous? Other?

All I will say Newts
Is make sure that you have drunk all of the Cervesa before you start on your extract brews. I have a number of kits & bits brews in bottles and kegs, I am finding that only the very best are palatable after drinking my bespoke extracts. I don't think that the Cervesa is one of the best. Whack a good bit of Cascade and Amarillo in it, I did this with one and if nothing else the Cervesa highlights exactly what these two hops bring to a brew.

Back