last bottles of the batch tasted the best

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oshe

Reaction score
Hello all, I am sure I am not the only one that does this:

the last bit of beer in the fermenter I poor out whilst tilting it, often getting quite a bit of yeast through the bottling wand into the bottle. I mark these last 2 or 3 cloudy bottles.

I just had one of those special marked bottles 6 weeks after bottling. It was a coopers lager tin with 500 grams BE2 and dry hopped with 25 grams of US Cascade, a mid strength. It was extremely cloudy, like an East Coast IPA.

The taste was amazing, better than the first 21 or so litres I drank of this tropical ale. It’s like the yeast housed most of the hop flavours from dry hopping.

I was wondering if anyone else likes extremely cloudy versions of their beer? And if anyone have ever clouded up their full batch on purpose?

That's the way it usually works. Time does wonderful things to beer, within reason.

Next time make two batches so you have some to age.

All the Best,
D. White

That's the way it usually works. Time does wonderful things to beer, within reason.

Next time make two batches so you have some to age.

All the Best,
D. White

Any relation to dwhite53?
From another post of dwhite53
Hot weather is saison weather. No temp control needed. Find some Belle Saison dry yeast and give it a try.

All the Best,
D. White

Back