Lash Down The Brewery Cyclone Ingrid Is About To H

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big d

Hopaholic
Reaction score
jusy got sent home from work.cyclone ingrid is bearing down on town with winds of 220km/h and intensifiying.
should be a very interesting night tonight.gales expected to hit around 10pm.

cheers
big d

cheers jleske its flogging down with rain at the moment.the bom weather map site on the 125 or 250km loop shows it in all its intensity.bit of a worry to tell the truth.

cheers
big d

Hi Dave,

Our thoughts are with you and I hope that all is OK when it passes.

Keep us all posted as to the result.

Cheers mate to you and your family and friends!!!

Good luck Dave , I've been through plenty of those , plenty of clean up after it passes , and then gardening again , just gets to look good and you get hit by another :angry:

Looks like Willy is going to pass me by , hang on and keep your head down :blink:

Batz

Yeah good luck and best wishes buddy.. I prepared and waited and she went looking elsewhere...This one could do like Steve a few years back 3/4 of the country..

After being ready for a week The rain hit this arvo , not alot but enuff to stop the misses and daughter getting home tonight ...there at a friends place now for the night at least .... Its me and the dog and a choise of ginger beer or a blonde :) mmm .... Been watching the Gove radar all arvo your getting it ..the eye is very defined...

:cheers: fnqbunyip

just came back in from outside.heaps of rain and the breeze is picking up.countdown is on going by the radar map.was supposed to be on night shift tonight so will sit this one out and see how things go.
cheers for the thoughts guys.

:beer:
big d

Good luck Big D. Hope you're OK up there.

Shawn.

Yes your right in the firing line of this one Dave

All the best mate , don't let any kegs blow away :D

You can see the way the cyclone is heading on this link

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDD65011.shtml

Smack on course for our mate big d :eek:

Batz

holy crap,

good luck big d, i hope it stops or turns into a rain depression otherwise darwin's next :unsure:

Hope everything's ok for you BigD, hang tight bud! :)

Hope it's going OK big d, at least you won't have to water the garden for a week or two :D

Big D, hope everything is ok.

Maybe you should use some of that nice fresh rainwater, brew a beer and call it Ingrid's Ale.

alls well guys.power was cut at 2.30am this morn and has only just come back on.talk about getting lashed with rain and wind.extremely noisy and nerve racking.house moved about abit and have had no sleep at all.two trees have uprooted and are now leaning against the house.other than that its been clean up day and am relaxing :p having a few to many beers.
good luck bonk hope it doesnt hit darwin as it is a catergory 5.we copped over 6 inches of rain last night.

cheers
big d

good thought about my next beer lager.

Well done Big D. And a couple of nights off night shift as well! I had visions of the town having no power, being under water, everyone being hungry, then, out of the pouring rain comes a bloke riding a harley, towing a soup kitchen (that looks a lot like a HLT mounted on a Nasa burner) to dispense hot soup to all who need it.

With a nice Oktoberfest to wash it down !!!

Batz

hang tight bonk.it passed us with the centre at 260km/h.the abc news has just said it has now got wind at the centre of 320 km/h.more powerful than cyclone tracy.this thing is getting very menacing.

cheers
big d

ha ha good one gl.the harley currently is green as its covered in leaves that stuck to it during the night.

Good to see your village and all residents are now over that big d.
and I hope with not too much loss overall.
Gee Bonk now it's your turn to batten down the brewery, the wife, the kids, the pets and even the mother in law.

I hope all is well for Darwin.

Hey Batz,
If it does a turn after Darwin towards the south west it will have covered all of the AHB breweries in the far north.

Seriously, I hope all comes out OK for you guys,

Cheers

Quite possiable Dicko , it's happened before , and if it does you'll get rain from it

AHB's cyclone rain lager

Batz

Back