• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Large Urn For Sale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good spotting, mate, but it's going to cost me more in petrol to pick it up than postage

yeah, he reckons it's 400 wide and 700 high so it would be a 60 or so ltr, but 150 K's away ? mmm, not too sure.

Dunno if I like the 'no refunds' comment, did he tell you if it works or not?

I'll find out, won it for 41 so hopefully :)

Matt

It doesn't actually say that its an electric urn.... it might be a gas urn hence the air holes...

I hope it works out for you :)

I think your right, well still a cheap pot with a tap :) Still excited, now need to figure what to do for my BIAB, if it's 60L then I could do a double batch ? Get some other newbie to pop over with a cube so we can both kill a batch and learn together :)

I have seen heating elements from keg king 2200 Watt Stainless Steel Heating
Element for $45 so that maybe the way to convert it to power ?

Yeah or a gas 3 ring burner... or maybe if you're lucky it will have a gas burner built in!

Eitherway it seems like a good deal. :)

it looks like there could be a connector for a gas hose, so even better if it has the burner then just need to put on a gas bottle.

ok, it doesn't have any heating, so I bought a 2200 watt heater for 47, now I need to drill a hole in the pot, put it in the element and I then have an urn for $88 :) So still happy.

I think it's a 50 ltr, internal dimensions 450mm depth, 390 wide, so Volume =PixRxRxH => 3.14 x 19.5x19.5x45 => 51000 cm^3 which is about 51 ltrs ?

I'll give it a clean, some vinegar, nappisan, rince, then fill it up to give it a good boil and see how it goes.

Latest posts

Back