Large Bucket Wheel Excavator

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warb

Reaction score
i think i can smell photoshop... maybe..

The Large Bucket Wheel Excavator

* Stands over 95 metres tall
* Is over 215 metres long (2.5 football fields)
* Weighs over 45,500 tons (yes that's 45 thousand tons!)
*Cost $100 million USD, took 5 years to design & manufacture and 5 years to assemble on site
* Requires 5 people to operate
* The Bucket Wheel is over 70 feet in diameter with 20 buckets each of which can hold over 15 cubic metres of material. A 6-foot man can stand up inside one of the buckets.
* It moves on 12 crawlers (each is 3.6 metres wide, 2.4 metres high and 14 metres long) - 8 in front and 4 in back
* It can remove over 76,455 cubic metres of overburden each day

kone.jpg

If it took 5 years to build on site, couldn't they have excavated the hole in that time?

Damn and I hate waiting at train crossings :eek:

I think it is real.
Bit weird it is in the middle of a road. Must be on its way somewhere hence the dirt over the road to protect it.
Used in mines the biggest is supposed to be in a pit mine in Germany

Beers,
Doc

LargeBWE.jpg

Batz and big d

Yawn ;)

Nice bit of gear!

Would be better if it was made of polished stainless steel though...

dreamboat

It's real alright, saw a doco on foxtel a few months ago, extreme machines, and they showed that same rig, it was being moved a couple of ks and took mega hours. it was cheaper and quicker to move as is than to pull down and re-erect.

Batz said:
Batz and big d

Yawn ;)
sorry, forgot.
You guys each have one in your backyard for digging the kids sandpit right :lol:

Doc

I use it for getting my grain bill together :D :D

Batz said:
I use it for getting my grain bill together :D :D
getting the grain bill together or moving the spent grain pile ? :p

hahaha
hey batz you should post a pic of the grain haulage trucks that deliver to your house.
when the new fermenters arrive up this way i will post some pics.think they weigh 400 tonne each.

Latest posts

Back