Lamington Imperial Stout

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It'll probably kill the fermentation, depending on what point you add the Vodka , add it at the end of the fermentation, should be OK

How much vodka is being thrown in? I wouldnt think even a whole bottle would 'kill' a fermentation.

How much vodka is being thrown in? I wouldnt think even a whole bottle would 'kill' a fermentation.

We are talking about a beer that is pushing the limits of a lot of yeast strains alcohol tolerance as it is. The extra alcohol from spirits could impact the fermentation depending on how much we are talking about, and how hard you are pushing the yeast.

We are talking about a beer that is pushing the limits of a lot of yeast strains alcohol tolerance as it is. The extra alcohol from spirits could impact the fermentation depending on how much we are talking about, and how hard you are pushing the yeast.

My reply was to the thread hijacker who wanted to add it to an already fermented beer. Speaking of which, why would you contemplate adding your vodka additions preferment anyway?

Latest posts

Back