Lambic Sorbet

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
Lambic Sorbet

This recipe is from "The Homebrewer's Recipe Guide"

This tart and sweet sorbet takes an interesting twist with the added pungency of the lambic. Rasberry is our favourite, but try it with other flavors as well. It is a sensational palate cleanser or light desert.

1 Cup Rasberries
3 Cups water
1/2 Cup sugar
1 (12 ounce) bottle rasberry lambic
1 tablespoon lemon juice

Puree the rasberries in a blender or food processor. Press through a sieve to remove the seeds. Combine the rasberries, water, sugar, lambic, and lemon juice in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring until sugar melts.
Remove from heat.
Pour into a ceramic container (or into a metal loaf pan lined with plastic wrap), cover with plastic wrap, and freeze, stirring a few times during freezing to break up the ice-crystals. Or you can use an ice cream machine, following manufacturer's instructions.

Cheers,
Doc

PS: I expect Kook and Pete to give this a go and report back to us.

I've never really cooked deserts before, so I'll definately have to give this a go :)

Belle-vue Framboise should do the trick for it, easily available and it has a strong raspberry taste.

How did you go with this one Kook ?

Doc

Completely forgot about it :)

I'll try to give it a go in the next week or so. Be a good excuse to buy some Framboise.

Latest posts

Back