Lallemand Nottingham

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scooterism

Reaction score
Is there a preferred or ideal ferm temp. based on user experience?

Depends what you want to brew, but ale temps are the norm 18-22 but it can be used colder than that according to the info from lallemand.

I run at 14c for 3 weeks. Beer comes out clean. Haven't fermented hotter though with it.

14 to 16 c for me all pils base malt touch of wheat with tettenang hops

Start at 14 then after 3 days raise to 16c

Bloody workhorse chews through it at a high attenuation out come

I think its a bit of a dual purpose yeast. It works at ale temps for a an ale or some people use it for a really clean faux lager at colder temps. I heard 15c for a lager type like Rude suggested.

Ive never used it before but I got a few packs from the hopDealz closing down sale to give it a try.

15-16c for me. Makes a nice, clean beer. As mentioned , it can be a beast. I've dumped a 1052 og wort on a whole cake and had at 1003 fg in 4 days. Need to keep the temperature down when doing that or it climbs out of the fv.

nosco said:
I think its a bit of a dual purpose yeast. It works at ale temps for a an ale or some people use it for a really clean faux lager at colder temps. I heard 15c for a lager type like Rude suggested.

Ive never used it before but I got a few packs from the hopDealz closing down sale to give it a try.
It's my goto dry yeast for any ale, 16 for 3 days then,rise to 20 over the rest of the week..

Is a true grain to brain in 1 week yeast.

What are people's thoughts on the impact Nott has on hop aroma? No impact or reduced aroma?

But the question is... Notto for English IPA?

n87 said:
But the question is... Notto for English IPA?
I've used it in a UK IPA - went very well in terms of attenuation, didn't have a lot of yeast flavours (which I prefer) so happy days.

As far as temp goes - I stick around 17/18C - then up the temp to about 20 once it's finishing out. Rarely go higher than 21/22C.

Yob said:
It's my goto dry yeast for any ale, 16 for 3 days then,rise to 20 over the rest of the week..

Is a true grain to brain in 1 week yeast.
and good with ageing as well. You can wrangle this versatile yeast in a broad way and get a whole range of flavour effects from lager effects at 11c to high ale temps to 22. I've started at 14c lowest.
Consider yeast count. More for colder, less for warmer.

Ideal would not be the 26 that mines sitting at, appears my brew fridge is not doing its job and with 55 liters bubbling away there's not much I can do but freeze water in milk bottles and hope to get it down a bit, hope the notty can handle it [emoji35]

Droopy Brew said:
What are people's thoughts on the impact Nott has on hop aroma? No impact or reduced aroma?
If fermented a bit on the low side, I don,t find any problem at all with reduced hop aroma .

Well the EIPA went down yesterday arvo, 2 packs of notto in ~21L of 1.060
This morning (about 14h after pitch) it had ~4L krausen
Fridge set to 17c... fingers crossed.

Well in ~50 hours, its down to 1.016 from 1.060.
Raise the temp and wait for the last ~8 points.

Back