Lagering

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pb unleaded

Reaction score
Hi all.
Is it possible to convert a fridge from its normal operation to temp range 0-20C? I've heard of a device called FAN CONTROL UNIT. It's a 3 pin plug with a thermostat on it that the fridge plugs into. The thermostat lead goes into the fridge and it takes over from the fridge controller. I live in Melbourne and I haven't seen anything like that in homebrew shops here. I am now using a timer to control the power going to the fridge. I have it set so that the power is ON for 2 hours, then OFF for 5 hours and so on. With this I can maintain the temperature inside the fridge between 7 and 14C. The system needs a bit of tuning depending of the ambient temperature.
Any ideas?

thanks and cheers

Arthur

Goto to Grain & Grape they have them for approx $100.00.

Otherwise, check out Hydroponic supplies...look for Growarm controllers....

you have a thermostat that goes inside the fridge that you can set the temp to...when it reaches that temp it will apply power to the fridge.

Alternatively, for the same price, you caqn get a fridge mechanic to install a new thermostat - 5- 25 degrees.

Hope this helps.

Back