Lager Yeast Advice

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big d

Hopaholic
Reaction score
not wanting to do a poll but am interested in peoples recomendations for a good wyeast lager yeast.im wanting to do some good lagers in 05 so am after some faves.im currently rating the seasonal octoberfest 2633.yummmo so far.im the last of the last octfest brewers. <_<

cheers
big d

I like the Munich big d

czech pils, dunno the number, but its fantatsic ;)

Hi Big D

Lat weekend Chiller and I made a German Pils. 100% Weyermann Pils and 100% Tettnang. The batch was split and 1/2 was pitched with Danish Lager, the other 1/2 Munich. I'll post some tasting notes when they're ready.

Cheers
MAH

wlp833, wlp800 are my faves so far... but ive heard good things about 2306 (or is it 2308) i might give that a go soon.
the 34/70 is easy to work with but pretty bland iMo, the 1056 of lager yeasts.
budejovice made sulfur bombs.
havent tried any others than those so far, ive only been lagering for a year.

Wyeast Czech Pils and Wyeast Bavarian Lager are my two faves. The Bav. Lager makes a great Bock as well as the other maltier lager styles.

Shawn.

I don't do too many lagers but FWIW I've used Wyeast 2308 Munich in an Oktoberfest which turned out pretty well and previously 2206 Bavarian which I was very happy with.

Steve

thanks for the help fellas.MAH i will eagerly await the feed back comparing the two yeasts.

cheers
big d

Back