Lager Fermenting Time

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KoNG

RIP-FaB (BiBIFaP)
Reaction score
Ive got a Carlsberg Elephant Beer copy in primary at the moment its still fermenting albeit very slowly.... for 4 weeks tomorrow.. :blink:
she was sitting at about 1.032 for a week or so @ 10*C so i gave it a gentle swirl and up'd the temp to around 14*C which resulted in a little kickstart and she's now at around 1.028 :) but jeeez its a slow process.!

whats the longest you've had your 'precious' in primary.?? ;)

KoNG

My Doppelbock is still in primary and it has been 5 weeks. Gravity has gone from 1078 to 1022 so it's about done. The strong lagers do need a lot of time. Have patience.

C&B
TDA

KoNG said:
Ive got a Carlsberg Elephant Beer copy in primary at the moment its still fermenting albeit very slowly.... for 4 weeks tomorrow.. :blink:
[post="74215"][/post]​

Perhaps you needed to mash your Elephant longer? :unsure:

Kong,

on the serious side what was your OG?

Warren -

Bloody lagers.... this is why i dont like doing them, could have a good ale out of secondary and CC and ready for bottle by now..!! <_<
BUT i'm being patient... just :rolleyes:
Warren: OG was 1.068.... so the WLP800 is slowly getting there..! i guess i'll keep it at 14*C now aswell instaed of bringing it back down.

You're probably having the same concerns as anybody Kong. :D

The worry of your beer sitting on the primary yeast/trub for so long. Shouldn't be a problem. You've got to weigh up the consequences of long time on the trub as opposed to diacetyl problems later on by premature racking.

I'm like you. Lagers bring out my anxieties. <_< Hang in there. :beerbang:

Warren -

and to think... i only really do them because whinging mates asked for a lager option when sinking my FREE beer.!!

cheeky bastards...

Latest posts

Back