Lager De Mondos De Saviour...help Me

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big d

Hopaholic
Reaction score
brew crew
hope the title lager de mondos de saviour grabbed ya by the bollocks.
anyway im a first time lagerer tomorrow so am seeking much and wide varying degrees of opinion.scored a second hand fridge off a gal pal and it works a treat. so heres my dilemma.

how does the lager caper work?...fermenting temps below
8-14deg c for 2 days then.......
1-4 deg c for 4 weeks then.........
raise temp to 18-22 deg for 2 days to release residual c02.

thoughts brew crew appreciated.

dont want to stuff this one up.

cheers
big d :blink:

about 2 to 3 weeks at 12 deg tehn lager or cc

G'day Big D. I ferment my lagers in my fridge at 10-12 degrees until they've pretty much finished (usually approx 14ish days), raise to 18 degrees for 48 hours, rack onto dry hops (or not as the case may be!) for a week or so at 10 degrees and then cc at 3 degrees for 3-5 weeks (usually closer to 3 'cause I'm getting keen to taste the beer and 'cause I'm short on fridge space.) Raise to 15-18 degrees over 24 hours or so and bottle. Have brewed some good lagers using this method. My first AG brewed in July was a malty German lager style and I've just started drinking it. Mmmm tasty ;)

My 2 cents. Hope it helps...

Shawn.

OK

When i brew lagers - this is waht ai do..

Priamry for 2 weeks at 10 degrees - raise to 222 for 2 days - diaceytl rest.
Then rack to secondary - dry hop and put in the fridge at 2-4 degrees for around 6 weeks - then keg/bottle.

Hope this helps

thanks brew crew
just did a dry run with two nasa burners under the primary and buggered if i can raise the temp to 222 deg. <_< :ph34r:

im with ya ken . :lol:

cheers
big d

turning the tropics into lager territory :ph34r:

I let them frement out like Gough , around 3 weeks , then diaceytl
then I go straight to CC , keep them there as long as possiable

I ferment around 10C until it's pretty much fermented out, normally about 14 days.
Raise to 16-18C for diaceytl rest for 2 days.
Lower 3C per day until it's at around 2-3C then rack to secondary.
Store at 2-3C for as long as I can wait before I need the fermenting fridge again, then keg and leave at 2-3C for as long as I can keep self control/stocks.

Back