Labels

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moad

Reaction score
Whats everyone do for labels on their bottles?

A mate prints them off and laminates them, then makes them into a cylinder around the bottle, glues it to itself so he can slip them on and off.

I thought about just printing them onto label paper but suspect they won't survive for long.

ideas welcome

I use the small round Avery labels and label the caps. No messy labels to remove, easy to apply to a whole batch, small so less ink usage. MS word template takes images perfectly.

Can take a photo if you want...

i write directly on the lids of my grolsch bottles
and for my kegs, i've made up tags using corflute and just wipe the marker off with metho with each new batch

Thanks Edak I know what you mean thats a good idea.

sp0rk did you glue the corflute to the keg? I actually need to do this as well

I only bottle for comps, and then only four or so bottles. I store them in a cupboard with old fashioned "luggage labels" hanging around the neck. Also handy to tie round the handles of kegs if there is likely to be any confusion, write the kegging date on them.

luggage labels.jpg

Thats Awesome Edak, Looks very professional. I just grabbed a few sheets of label paper at 20 cents a sheet (4 labels). Will do a few up and post a photo. If it is too much effort I'll move to the cap labels because they look fiiiine

I think I'll get some of those tags for the kegs too thanks Bribie.

You can use the labels in word mate. You should be able to find the label measurements on the box and find the same in Word to fit exactly

You can find the options in Mailings > labels

Those look good Edak, where do you get the labels from and what are they worth? Also, the different coloured bottle tops? I can only get gold ones. There's been a few occasions where I've mixed batches up on accident, the worst being the weekend past when I accidently took a carton that was destined to be poured out, had no choice but to try drink it. Tasted like goon. Need some sort of system.

Edit: Officeworks I see someone has said. I'll have a look one day.

Going the ghetto way, I've been using a rubberband, masking tape and permanent marker method for spec grain storage and cube contents (PBW, sanitiser, plain water) that I've started using for bottles too ......... cheep and reusable. Also using marker to write on each bottle cap, which has the problem that once cap is removed, bottle no longer has id.

[zoom]

I have used Avery 5408 (3/4" round) labels which I bought online, they come in a pack of 1008 labels so plenty of stock and they were about $15 delivered but I can't remember where I bought them. When I checked at officeworks they didn't stock them, nor would I buy from them because they would be $30 or something like that...

The template is available from Avery

I printed a few test circles to get the boundaries just right for my printer but that took 10 minutes then I made a photoshop template.
I draw my logo, export to PNG and import into my pre-made word-template, which is a very quick process especially when you can copy-paste over the top of the other...

Let others know if you do find them, currently I see them on ebay for $22 delivered, but I am sure you can get cheaper...

Sweet. Just ordered some. Thanks for that Edak

Here is my "proof of concept" using labels from officeworks... I don't have a colour printer at home.

It is a pain in the ass to cut them out and stick them on so if they don't last a refill or two I'll ditch the labels and go to the lid labels

beer.jpg

Man, I'm SO low tech for this. Watching out money, so print out plain label with name, bottling date, ABV, and a rubber band to hold it on. Easily recyclable, no mess on caps or gum on bottles, etc. but they're just for home consumption, so the $2.38 I paid for more rubber bands than I will ever need was a good investment.

Moad said:
Thanks Edak I know what you mean thats a good idea.

sp0rk did you glue the corflute to the keg? I actually need to do this as well
Nope, attached it with a zip tie
And it's just big enough for me to write an abbreviation of the name on the tag
I then write the ABV/Name/Brew date on the front of the fridge in whiteboard marker

Geez all high tech here...I just get a pernament marker and mark the top with month number / batch number (eg:- 4/2 ) and refer to index book for brew.
Must admit don't mind the look of them there top labels, maybe thats coming next.

Rod, they are essentially the same as the ones I used but you have a lot more! 9600 per pack. $25 plus shipping for your pack.

Do u remember how much shipping cost?

Latest posts

Back