Kurt Tippett

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fergi

Reaction score
dont know if this is the place to say it but the kurt tippett affair with him leaving adelaide for sydney in my opinion this guy has no morals, he knew all along that he was going to sydney but refused to tell adelaide and made them think he was going home to queensland.
i think he might find that Adelaide wont make it easy for him to go there. to top it all off his brother who is playing for west adelaide in the sanfl has left as well but with a year left on his contract as well.
really shows to me how this pair have been brought up with values, obviously loyalty and ethics were never discussed in their bringing up.
all i hope is he gets concussion again and sydney or whoever he signs for gets stuck with a million dollars a year for 4 years .
he plays 1 good game in 5, no way is he as good as he thinks he is.
fergi

He plays one good game in five, then you should be welcoming him out the door. If he is of such low morals, so much so tho that you're commenting on the entire moralistic value of his family, then you should be happy he' s gone.

One good game in 5 is being very generous. He was by no means our best forward, and to be honest, Im glad he is leaving. Did it in a prickish way, all along the story was he was going back home to Qld, ended up just chasing the dollar.

Adelaide apparently put the best $ offer to him, i heard ~800K per year, so id say there will be something on the side with Sydney.

SHocking kicking style too...

Id rather us spend to 6-800K on developing some other great players

I don't blame the boy if he can set himself up for life before he's 30.
The clubs are prepared to discard players at the drop of a hat if it suits them but hardly anybody complains about that.
It's an unfortunate fact of life in this brave new world the AFL has developed where kids just out of school can be sent to a club anywhere in the country based solely on their position on a list.

aint a game no more and has not been for a long time.its now big business
as for tippett leaving ..good on him, his choice and chasing his future (income)?
as for the backlash (threats ) made on social media sites,that explains the mentality of some so called supporters/fans....total f wits......who obviously could kick 100 goals a season blindfolded..cheers....spog.......

I still regard him as a far overrated and overpaid player. There are much better forwards in the game and am quite disappointed sydney have taken him on and paid such big bickies for him when they have had such a good history of developing their younger squad and picked good players up without spending a mill a year on them...

Ahh well... heres hoping he lives up to the pricetag next year and we can bring home the bacon in '13.

I still regard him as a far overrated and overpaid player. There are much better forwards in the game and am quite disappointed sydney have taken him on and paid such big bickies for him when they have had such a good history of developing their younger squad and picked good players up without spending a mill a year on them...

Absolutely.

Completely agree there are far better forwards around. Seems to me that Adelaide (my team) always seem to have a problem with the forward line setup.

Awesome backline and midfield historically, but no good if the person at the other end of the chain can't put a score on the board.

No way is he worth 1M a year....

Back