KK - 'Fermentasaurus' conical PET fermenter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In a perfect world lol.
I'm just mystified that a new design lid (and pretty bloody good from what I can make out) is incorporated into the fermenters and yet not available on the re-purposed one way kegs marketed as fermenters, sure it's all about economics, and ROI and people have fermented in re-purposed 50L commercial kegs for years.
I just think we are entering a new era of HB where HB specific gear (not scaled down commercial) is being brought to market and of course there will be miss steps but I get frustrated by things being half way there.
It's the old chestnut, who's doing the R&D, the guys that know about the subject, or the bean counters?
As an ex publican I even struggle with the concept of a 30L none stackable one way keg that has no handles, WH&S would have a field day, dunno maybe it's just an end of life crisis for a contumelious curmudgeon. Cheers ;)
I agree they definitely need handles. I was cleaning my chubby out yesterday sloshing with about 5lts of Stellar Clean when the bottom fell off and managed to bounce on the floor. It is now stuck on with Gaffer tape. First brew. At least it did not burst or crease.

In a perfect world lol.
I'm just mystified that a new design lid (and pretty bloody good from what I can make out) is incorporated into the fermenters and yet not available on the re-purposed one way kegs marketed as fermenters, sure it's all about economics, and ROI and people have fermented in re-purposed 50L commercial kegs for years.
I just think we are entering a new era of HB where HB specific gear (not scaled down commercial) is being brought to market and of course there will be miss steps but I get frustrated by things being half way there.
It's the old chestnut, who's doing the R&D, the guys that know about the subject, or the bean counters?
As an ex publican I even struggle with the concept of a 30L none stackable one way keg that has no handles, WH&S would have a field day, dunno maybe it's just an end of life crisis for a contumelious curmudgeon. Cheers ;)
Well we just want to offer something simple and easy to use and the market will soon tells us if folks don't like it.

Well we just want to offer something simple and easy to use and the market will soon tells us if folks don't like it.
I'm sure there's a place for it, and my comment was meant more as an observation than a criticism, also a bit of "have you thought about doing it like this" because in all seriousness I'd buy four of them tomorrow, I find yeast/trub sticks to the slope on conicals, and as mentioned the stainless stands are a pain once you get more than a couple of them, I also think 30L is perfect, the extra headspace can be a Godsend (yes I know about minimising head space) the straight sides ensure everything ends up at the bottom, and being tubular rather than spherical means you have less waste, I probably wouldn't be so keen if it wasn't for having a couple of FKJ's and loving them (if only they were bigger lol)

Latest posts

Back