KK - 'Fermentasaurus' conical PET fermenter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone
So we got sick of all the reptilian connotations and decided to rename the Gen 3 Fermenters as the G3 Fermenter King and for the 60 litre unit its the G3 Fermenter King Max. Both can be heated and called with the new Thermentor King (Jacket recommended).

Trying to find dimensions of the new G3 Fermenter King, in particular total height of the unit in the stand. Need to confirm that it will fit in my fridge before I order one. Cheers

Anyone got the specs of the silicone floating dip tube? Just pulled my snubnose out after a couple of months off and i broke the silicone dip tube trying to pull it free of the float :oops:

Anyone got the specs of the silicone floating dip tube? Just pulled my snubnose out after a couple of months off and i broke the silicone dip tube trying to pull it free of the float :oops:
For some odd reason the float tubing supplied by both teams is rubbish, too thin walled and seems to split after a just a couple of months, talk about spoiling the ship for a penny worth of tar. Source some quality silicon off ebay. KL saurus and KK FKJ both have the same tubing and both fail/split. "shakes head"

For some odd reason the float tubing supplied by both teams is rubbish, too thin walled and seems to split after a just a couple of months, talk about spoiling the ship for a penny worth of tar. Source some quality silicon off ebay. KL saurus and KK FKJ both have the same tubing and both fail/split. "shakes head"

I better jump on eBay then. What ID/OD tubing did you get?

The latest float and dip tube from kegland is only $7.95. Diptube is much better than the first one I bought with Fermzilla. And you get the floaty as well. It's been known to fail.

Try the link below. I found 5mmX8mm if using the red caps. 6mm id was too loose on the red caps, OK if using the stainless ones.

Thanks for that, i've got the SS posts so i grabbed the 6mm ID. With any luck it should arrive by my intended brew day

Hey @CEO Keg King, noticed you were in town 😉

A couple of questions please -
  • Any ETA on G3 fermenter Kings coming back in stock?
  • Any more chiller coils on their way for the G3?
  • Any ETA on the 60L version?
  • Any plans to redesign the larger tank opening and lid onto the 35L body?
And the curlier one, I've found using the tri clamp adapter on the base of my G3 that it doesn't take much of a knock for the adapter to separate from the cone piece. So much so that I'm actually quite nervous actuating my ball valve to dump yeast. Is there any chance of maybe making the adapter piece out of SS? It just seems that the two plastic threaded sections can deform to jump over each other and seperate pretty easily.

Cheers,

Hey @CEO Keg King, noticed you were in town 😉

A couple of questions please -
  • Any ETA on G3 fermenter Kings coming back in stock?
  • Any more chiller coils on their way for the G3?
  • Any ETA on the 60L version?
  • Any plans to redesign the larger tank opening and lid onto the 35L body?
And the curlier one, I've found using the tri clamp adapter on the base of my G3 that it doesn't take much of a knock for the adapter to separate from the cone piece. So much so that I'm actually quite nervous actuating my ball valve to dump yeast. Is there any chance of maybe making the adapter piece out of SS? It just seems that the two plastic threaded sections can deform to jump over each other and seperate pretty easily.

Cheers,
Never left town - bloody lockdown...

Gen3 is in stock
Heaps of chiller coils in stock
60 Litre is waiting on more lids to come in. We have a few if you want one. Both snubby and max. Also waiting on the new stands so think next month if we can get shipments moving. The 60 litre tanks are really beautiful and very clear.
Right now no plans to make that piece from SS as it would cost a lot. I can let you have a new adaptor which might just cure that problem.

Never left town - bloody lockdown...

Gen3 is in stock
Heaps of chiller coils in stock
60 Litre is waiting on more lids to come in. We have a few if you want one. Both snubby and max. Also waiting on the new stands so think next month if we can get shipments moving. The 60 litre tanks are really beautiful and very clear.
Right now no plans to make that piece from SS as it would cost a lot. I can let you have a new adaptor which might just cure that problem.
Ok thanks, the G3 is still showing as out of stock on the website. Apparently I've been looking in the wrong spot for the coil listing though, just went looking again and found it thanks.

Keen to see the 60L version but not ready to commit yet, thanks anyway.

Absolutely keen for a different tri clamp adapter if you've got one please, as I said I'm almost too scared to use the current one.

Cheers

Ok thanks, the G3 is still showing as out of stock on the website. Apparently I've been looking in the wrong spot for the coil listing though, just went looking again and found it thanks.

Keen to see the 60L version but not ready to commit yet, thanks anyway.

Absolutely keen for a different tri clamp adapter if you've got one please, as I said I'm almost too scared to use the current one.

Cheers
Should be back on the website shortly. The 60 litres are on display in the store. PM me so how to get a new adaptor to you unless you can come in to the store. Happy if I can help you sort this out.

I purchased the G3 (from a partner supplier) and have found it to be a great piece of kit (I like it better than my Guten stainless steel fermenter)
My problem with it is the fitting at the bottom leaks. I have found that there is a sweet spot when tightening the nut (the big one that pulls the gasket to seal) if I tighten it up just firm it will leak. If I tighten it up hard it slows down the leak to almost a stop
I have tried to tighten it up a little more but couldn’t (arthritic hands) so used a tool to try to nip it up a little extra but the thread seemed to “strip” and let go
Is it possible to purchase those 3 parts that make up the seal for the bottom?

I purchased the G3 (from a partner supplier) and have found it to be a great piece of kit (I like it better than my Guten stainless steel fermenter)
My problem with it is the fitting at the bottom leaks. I have found that there is a sweet spot when tightening the nut (the big one that pulls the gasket to seal) if I tighten it up just firm it will leak. If I tighten it up hard it slows down the leak to almost a stop
I have tried to tighten it up a little more but couldn’t (arthritic hands) so used a tool to try to nip it up a little extra but the thread seemed to “strip” and let go
Is it possible to purchase those 3 parts that make up the seal for the bottom?
PM me and I will send you replacement free of charge

I have a small quantity now but not sure its on the web page because we had to fill large orders to Europe. Can organize you one if you want it though.

Hey mate, just wondering if you might know the state of play for a shipment to NZ - specifically Brewhouse in Wellington.

Cheers

Hey mate, just wondering if you might know the state of play for a shipment to NZ - specifically Brewhouse in Wellington.

Cheers
Thanks for reminding me about this. I know they were supposed to have an order going so will call Cory there tomorrow to see where its at.

Thanks for reminding me about this. I know they were supposed to have an order going so will call Cory there tomorrow to see where its at.

Cheers I have 3 FKJs in it and got rid of my previous fermenter in anticipation - no brewing during lockdown - Tragic!

Cheers I have 3 FKJs in it and got rid of my previous fermenter in anticipation - no brewing during lockdown - Tragic!
Not just tragic but a catastrophe. Will burn their ears in Wellington tomorrow

Back