KK - 'Fermentasaurus' conical PET fermenter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cleaning is as simple as the whole concept, it's as if the team behind the design have not been influenced or even seen a fermenter, I am a great believer in keeping things as simple as possible, this is so simple I am jealous.
I expect KK to be putting something up today or tomorrow, the parts for the proto type I believe were manufactured on site, so once they have everything sorted the parts will be manufactured overseas. Cost I wouldn't have a clue, but if it was me I would certainly be milking it before it got copied:)
Hey weal, does it have tri clamp ports top and bottom?

Anyone done a dry hop in a hopsock/bag/etc in a snubnose or regular saurus?

Ideally i would just dry hop loose and cold crash, but my "fridge" only heats these days so im going with south australian ambient winter temperatures for cooling. Figure i only have a couple of months left where this will be an effective method.

So to avoid the 80g or so getting sucked into the keg i am planning to use a hop sock. My only thought is the bag might get it self sucked up into the tube a bit on the pressure transfer?

Anyone done a dry hop in a hopsock/bag/etc in a snubnose or regular saurus?

Ideally i would just dry hop loose and cold crash, but my "fridge" only heats these days so im going with south australian ambient winter temperatures for cooling. Figure i only have a couple of months left where this will be an effective method.

So to avoid the 80g or so getting sucked into the keg i am planning to use a hop sock. My only thought is the bag might get it self sucked up into the tube a bit on the pressure transfer?
I dry hop with the nylon tea bags 3,4 or 5 depending on the amount of hops, purged in the keg with the CO2 . Keeps the hops contained while releasing the flavour.

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?...0.Xtea+bags.TRS0&_nkw=empty+tea+bags&_sacat=0

Does anyone have the overall height of the snub nose, from base of stand to top of a disconnect on the pressure cap?

Also, a photo of the pressure cap from above would be handy please if anyone can help out?

A few exciting new developments and unfortunately a code of omerta is now in place, but the good news is it will be released around September, October.
I have been in Melbourne this week, called into KK yesterday, hidden in plain sight was the new fermentasaurus, though it did have a pullover on it. I am happy with the Snub Nose but I could quite happily bring one of these into the fold.

I have been in Melbourne this week, called into KK yesterday, hidden in plain sight was the new fermentasaurus, though it did have a pullover on it. I am happy with the Snub Nose but I could quite happily bring one of these into the fold.
Such a cock tease!

So much for the code of omerta, I suppose you had a peek under the pullover.;)

I saw that and asked Yuri why is it covered up. He said to stop lighting getting in..I looked at him and smiled. When he was out of the shop I was going to take a sneak peak but he came back in..lol

I saw that and asked Yuri why is it covered up. He said to stop lighting getting in..I looked at him and smiled. When he was out of the shop I was going to take a sneak peak but he came back in..lol
I asked for a bit more exposure of the new fermentasaurus, was told the Jumper can come off but the knickers are staying on.;)

I asked for a bit more exposure of the new fermentasaurus, was told the Jumper can come off but the knickers are staying on.;)
How long do you think WEAL before we can view the new Fermentasaurus without jumper and knickers? I think I have a good idea of the new set up, the built in thermowell gave it away but it would be good to see it.
Went through this whole thread again today watched the un boxing of the Fermentasaurus certainly does look like a lot of difference in quality between the Aussie made Fermentasaurus and the Chinese made Fermzilla.

How long do you think WEAL before we can view the new Fermentasaurus without jumper and knickers? I think I have a good idea of the new set up, the built in thermowell gave it away but it would be good to see it.
Went through this whole thread again today watched the un boxing of the Fermentasaurus certainly does look like a lot of difference in quality between the Aussie made Fermentasaurus and the Chinese made Fermzilla.

From what I am told it is not far away for the big reveal. The Fermzilla does have a superior stand though. All though I have never heard of any problems eventuating from the Fermentasaurus stand.

Will they be doing a 55-60L version of the KK FS v2. I like to look of the KL 55L Fermzilla, not available at the moment though. Not sure if I should wait and see if the FS v2 is any different, I do like the way SS conicals work and would just like a plastic one exactly the same.

A feature request would be a plastic jacketed fermenter, I'm sure it can be done but haven't seen one yet.

Wish they would hurry up and release the KK FS v2 details or at least show us pics so I can see if its worth waiting for.

They will be producing a 60 litre Fermentasaurus, will also have a larger top opening, though it isn't really needed a cold soak overnight with sodium percarbonate or perborate cleans them, as long as the chemicals are dissolved first in hot water or you make up a sprayball set up. They will have jackets and if the new cooling systems are purchased a thicker insulated jacket will be available.
I was hoping a September release would still be on the cards for the new set up for the existing Fermentasaurus, as (reading on the More Beer website) a further delay for the Fermzilla now expected in mid September could put the two models head to head.
Fermzilla seems to be having production problems methinks.
I have been lucky enough to see the prototype of the new Fermentasaurus, had my doubts about holding pressure but they were proved to be found less, honest opinion having seen both, wait for the new model Fermentasaurus. I will continue with my snubnose, but it does seem that there is a large amount of brewers who like to put the trub into the fermenter just so they can take it out again!
Or catch the yeast in a bottle.

I will continue with my snubnose, but it does seem that there is a large amount of brewers who like to put the trub into the fermenter just so they can take it out again!
Or catch the yeast in a bottle.
What steps do you take to stop getting any trub into your fermenter?

What steps do you take to stop getting any trub into your fermenter?
Adding the carrageenan of your choice, dip tube and a slow pour into the fermenter, if you have a 1/2 inch ball valve make a reducer, I followed Braumeisters lead and made mine 8 mm.
It could open the proverbial can of worms about nutrient for yeast but that is by the by, there is simply no point in putting trub into the fermenter just to take it out.

Back