KK - 'Fermentasaurus' conical PET fermenter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try the new one - works even better

Off Topic but I think I hit a sore spot on the KL Q and A as suddenly I have not enough priviliges to post there. Probably for calling them out over all the CE bullshit which their lame attempt to refute just shows a lack of understanding about the approval processes in Australia. If they were right then they could just have shown it to be so but they like to silence critics rather than do the right thing.

Off Topic but I think I hit a sore spot on the KL Q and A as suddenly I have not enough priviliges to post there. Probably for calling them out over all the CE bullshit which their lame attempt to refute just shows a lack of understanding about the approval processes in Australia. If they were right then they could just have shown it to be so but they like to silence critics rather than do the right thing.

Christ almighty, it was bad enough that you took up two or three pages of that thread with that crap. Can you keep it out of here? It has no relevance to this product at all, and no one here (except WEAL) could give two shits about you thinking that you're scoring some points against KL.

FFS mate let it go. You've made your point and now it's just fkn annoying.

OK so you are KL claque - just testing.
Christ almighty, it was bad enough that you took up two or three pages of that thread with that crap. Can you keep it out of here? It has no relevance to this product at all, and no one here (except WEAL) could give two shits about you thinking that you're scoring some points against KL.

Point proved is good. I can handle that. Your faux outrage just says it all. Just another KL stooge.
Dude you really aren't going yourself any favours, have a look at how long i've been a member on this site for! Long before the KK/KL shit storm. Unlike your self who has made 34 posts mostly about bagging a single thing about KL I've made contribution to this forum about brewing beer.

So I say it again, FFS GIVE IT A REST.

OK so you are KL claque - just testing.

Pathetic.
Shadow users like yourself, who seem to post about nothing but having a go at KL, will drive more people away from KK. I used to buy from both, but the clear shill-ery from some of the shadow accounts on this forum make me want to go the other way.
I think that I'll be waiting for the Gen 2 saurus, as opposed to getting a snub nose and modifying it - less work for me, price after all of the mods and my time will probably be more worth it, and it doesn't come from a shadow posting business...

Pathetic.
Shadow users like yourself, who seem to post about nothing but having a go at KL, will drive more people away from KK. I used to buy from both, but the clear shill-ery from some of the shadow accounts on this forum make me want to go the other way.
I think that I'll be waiting for the Gen 2 saurus, as opposed to getting a snub nose and modifying it - less work for me, price after all of the mods and my time will probably be more worth it, and it doesn't come from a shadow posting business...
+1 I will not be buying from KK again even if by some miracle they're the cheapest on the market, it's a matter of principal now.

+1 I will not be buying from KK again even if by some miracle they're the cheapest on the market, it's a matter of principal now.
Nothing like cutting off your nose to spite your face , are we all like children here

Anyway.... Back on topic.

Just put my first brew in my snub nose down. Love the trub collecting neatly down the bottom. Will take photos tomorrow. :)

I was also watching the following video and noticed that this new Spike conical has no collection ball which may be a change for conicals

Yeah but will snub nose do this? ;)

193C6EE5-5EBE-49E1-8A3F-0232FC65CF1D.jpeg

Seriously great bit of kit these fermentasaurus. The pressure transfer through filter was priceless.

Cleanest Pilsner I’ve ever made, Cant wait for the new ones in the 50L....

Well they probably will not miss you too much on principle and send you to see the principal.

View attachment 115383

Seriously great bit of kit these fermentasaurus. The pressure transfer through filter was priceless.

Snub Nose does not but the standard one does.

Pathetic.
You never know it might be worth the wait for the gen 3 Saurus. Why would you mod a snub nose? Just buy the standard starter kit.

View attachment 115383

I can do that,
001.JPG
And I can do this
54523831_2154963191248760_6737425569857667072_n.jpg

Doesn't really matter what you use as long as your happy with it, a lot of permutations with the snubby even making one up to the full monty only cheaper.
Cheaper to run a small fridge too.
You never know it might be worth the wait for the gen 3 Saurus. Why would you mod a snub nose? Just buy the standard starter kit.
I think we should just discuss the Fermentasaurus 1, the snub nose and the fermzilla the 3 will have to be another thread, until we have seen it.

Why would you mod a snub nose? Just buy the standard starter kit.

Because, as mentioned previously, the whole point of a conical is to be able to dump the trub then harvest the yeast easily, both through the dump valve on the bottom.
This is nice and easy, without having to piss about with 'rinsing' the yeast that has trub mixed in, which is what you end up with in the bottom of a conical that doesn't have a dump valve - trub with yeast sitting on top of it, just like any other fermenter

I got the racking arm and taps with my fermenters, not going to bother with the dump valve, I don't think I will need it. Will do the pressure transfers and use the tap and racking arm if I run out of gas.
002.JPG

I got the racking arm and taps with my fermenters, not going to bother with the dump valve, I don't think I will need it. Will do the pressure transfers and use the tap and racking arm if I run out of gas.
View attachment 115385
I wish I had gone with the racking arm and tap, didn't think it was worth the extra $'s but I now have to come up with an alternative.

Back