KK - 'Fermentasaurus' conical PET fermenter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Larger butterfly valve and bigger yeast bottle would be great.

Great bit of kit. Watching the yeast in action, quicker ferment, easy keg transfer under pressure, naturally carbonate.
Want to start reusing yeast to save a bit of cash whats the best way? Do you need to wash the yeast or just chuck the sediment bottle in fridge till next time?

20171014_091614.jpg

Couple of questions re fermentasarus ‘s

Has anyone tried a 30L batch ?
Has anyone noticed large reductions in fermenting times?

A few handy upgrades for Version 2

larger butterfly valve, either 2 or 3 inch. The current 1 inch is less with the octagonal fitting and jams up with hops.

ability to have thermowell on side with pressure rating.

bigger yeast bottles either 750ml or 1lt

Hey Dan, you can use sod-stream bottles that are larger. Might have to rise the stand so they fit. Just my 2 cents

pssssst, just ordered the 'saurus from Grain n Grape. Hard to track down a spunding valve, ibrew are out of stock too but have a delivery coming in late this week/early next. You can order via the site. All the ebay ones I could find were gonna crawl over from Hong Kong sometime around xmas - balls to that!

It looks like MTB is treating himself to four Fermentasaurus's this xmas. He doesn't deserve it but he's a spoiled brat and will get them anyway.
Comparing to the 26L Kegmenters, there are simply too many advantages with the 'saurus that can't be ignored.

Has Fermentasaurus just gone up in price by like $25??
You'd think going by the sales volume (esp overseas), the price should move the other way?
Or is this related to the KK "conspiracies"?
Not happy Jan!

Has Fermentasaurus just gone up in price by like $25??
You'd think going by the sales volume (esp overseas), the price should move the other way?
Or is this related to the KK "conspiracies"?
Not happy Jan!
Same old price on iKegger

Last edited:
they're only about 8 min from me so I didn't even look at that...

(now I looked and my postage is $12)

iKegger have them for $169 with free postage - not a huge saving, but still cheaper.
I have no affiliation with them btw, thought I'd better mention that since I keep spruiking them. I just think they're great.

The one I linked has the pressure kit too - couldn't tell if ikegger did

Yeah the product page is a little vague on that. It does include the pressure kit - I bought some last month

they're only about 8 min from me so I didn't even look at that...

(now I looked and my postage is $12)

Ten minutes from me and it's where I bought my 'Saurus for $105 a few months ago in Standard configuration, then later the Pressure Kit for $40.
Still, what's with the price hike?

Back