Kit Wines

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamstringsally

Reaction score
has anyone tried the new kit wines where you buy the bladder of wine juice and you pitch the yeast and ferment like beer. I think its around $100 per bladder. any information would be great

How big the bladder? It would have to be bloody big to beat the price of a reasonable quaffing goon bag. However by the time Kevvie has quadrupled the price of a cask it may be an option.

has anyone tried the new kit wines where you buy the bladder of wine juice and you pitch the yeast and ferment like beer. I think its around $100 per bladder. any information would be great

Yep I've done one. once!

Process was pretty straight forward, except it took space in my fermenting fridge for 1 month; and ferments at diff temps to beer. The wine that was produced was ok, but I wouldn't even rate it as $10 a bottle stuff. The downside I did find was you must consume the wine fairly quickly otherwise it oxidises fairly quick. You can add Campden tablets to help. For me it just wasn't up to scratch; I don't drink wine often and when I do I would rather pay a bit more for a decent wine.

QldKev

Latest posts

Back