Kit Instructions

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucifer

Reaction score
Why does all the advice or info i get on brewing beer from kits differ so differently from what the instructions on the kits say?

I would have thought that the kit companies would have the best advice on how to use their product.

I have been told or read that different temps while fermenting are better, that different lengths of time for certain processes to take place are better, and lots of other things that only serve to confuse and help me produce less than optimal beer.

Ps Dont get me wrong I agree that alot of what the instructions say are naff or at least not the best solution to certain problems, and that there are better ways of doing things, but why dont the manufacturers of these kits also know this??

Because the manufacturers of the kits dont want it to look hard at all.

Majority of people buy the whole kit setup just because they're told they can brew extra-cheap beer.

If you use their instructions, you'll have beer thats ready to drink in aprox 2-3 weeks total, costing you only around $10-12 total for 2 cartons worth of beer.

hmm i think its got to do with making a 'drinkable' beer, eg with a 'can n kilo' they can pretty much garantee that you will get something in the style that they have sold you.. .

well unless it gets infected.. or the ferment is too hot.. or, or or etc..

i guess they are trying to take out some of the variables..

oh, and happy birthday lucifer! :)

Yeah. A lot of people want a quick, cheap and easy way to brew beer, and the best way for companies to get you to buy their beer making products is to make the whole process look simple and cheap.

The unfortunate fact is that most of the time, quick, cheap and easy to make beer tastes awful!
A good beer, (even an extract beer), takes time and patience and requires you to put a bit more thought into how you are brewing your beer.

Take advice from people who have done it many times before, not from the can. There is a learning curve to brewing and I will guarantee that your beer gets better every time you make a new one if you learn from your mistakes and take others advice.

Yeah. A lot of people want a quick, cheap and easy way to brew beer, and the best way for companies to get you to buy their beer making products is to make the whole process look simple and cheap.

The unfortunate fact is that most of the time, quick, cheap and easy to make beer tastes awful!
A good beer, (even an extract beer), takes time and patience and requires you to put a bit more thought into how you are brewing your beer.

Take advice from people who have done it many times before, not from the can. There is a learning curve to brewing and I will guarantee that your beer gets better every time you make a new one if you learn from your mistakes and take others advice.

A great reply :D

Just a shame it was wasted on a 6 year old thread! :lol:

Cheers

Back