Kit & Fruits

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maio

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm new here and I am Italian.

I wanted to ask if you have suggestions on what type of kit use to be able to add fruit (cherries)?

Thanks to all

Have been looking into doing adding some fruits to beers. Have seen cherries added to stouts/porters right through to wheat beers. Either end seems like a good idea to me. Use the forum search to find plenty of tips of when to add etc.

Thanks to all.

I never seen stout and porter whit fruit. There are some this beer in commerce?

Yeh have done it before with a cooper blonde. After you have brewed the beer transfer it into another drum just as if your racking the beer add the fruit and leave it for week make sure you strain it when you are kegging or bottling to remove the pips. I've use frozen rasberries and mixed berries (just get them from coles,safeway etc) both turned out pretty good nice taste, colour and flavour worth a try. :lol:

I recently made a rasberry beer with a coopers mexican cerveza kit, a 1kg brew booster, and 700 g of frozen rasberries from the supermarket, no added hops, kit yeast. Fermented at whatever the ambient temperature in laundry was in my laundry during April for one week, then racked to a secondary (to remove fruit pulp) for a second week. Bottled and primed with carb drops.

It turned out quite nicely, very refreshing with a pale orangy-pink colour and an interesting tart rasberry twang.

Even the girls like it! (unlike my beloved IPAs).

Regards,

Dr Nick aka. AlphaPale

Back