Kit Corona Recipe Please

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfman

Reaction score
I am a Mash Brewer myself, but a couple of blokes I work with go to U Brew It. I want to show them how easy it is to do it at home.They are Corona lovers so I thought I'd make them one from kits and bits. The only problem is I don't have a recipe for this. I have checked the database andcan only find all grain recipes. Has anyone got a good kit recipe?

I have a Coopers Mexican Cerveza can, LDME, Dex and a heap of different hops.

Appreciate the help in advance.

Wolfman

I reckon the Cerveza can, 250g LDME, 750g Dextrose to 23 Litres and US05, or Notto if you have it, will get you pretty close.

Just a hint of something American often tips it - maybe a scant 12g of Chinook in whatever sort of boil they do at U brew.

I've impressed Corona drinkers with that, or a bit of Galena.

Cheers Guys.

I have about 200g of Malto dex, chuck that at it as well?

Yer one bloke thinks it taste's like shit from U brew it. I will throw some chinook in and give it a whirl!

I've used the Coopers cerveza before, it's not bad.I boiled a lemon including some zest prior, and and strained that into the brew.

Wee, lemon, vodka.

Put into keg and carbonate.

:p

Just kidding - something american at the start of the boil (and not much of it), get the body thinner with dextrose, and some LDME - say 300g, just to give the body some flavour, but not overdo it.

I can see 500g or LDME being too much - if you want it in style.

Made a similar beer last year (all grain I know, but the idea is the same) - keep the grain profile simple, the hopping low and early and american, and make sure it's around 5% and you'll have corona drinkers as happy as a pig in excrement.

If the guys are keen to get into brewing you can actually make a really good partial using a tin of Cerveza, half a kilo of dex and a minimash with some mushy boiled rice or maize mashed with half a kilo of something fairly diastatic like BB Ale or Galaxy. Finish off with a hop boil with some American hops and hit it with US-05 or S-189.

No special equipment if you already have a stockpot, a bucket and a grain bag.

It turned out great, no kit twang and I'd make it again but by the time you've done a partial you might as well spend the same amount of time doing and AG. Happened to have the tin o cerveza I'd been given.

Full directions at the BIABrewer site, you don't need to join up to see the pictures, unlike some fora around here :p :p

That looks the goods Bridie.

I don't won't to spend to much time on this though. Was just thinking maybe steaping some grain and adding some hops would be enough to get them interested.

If you`re doing an extract Corona there`s really only one hop to use....... Galena.

The bloke at TCB Richmond makes one using a coopers can and a bag of euro blend (600g Light Malt / 200g Lactose / 200g Dextrose.) one of my mates tried it when he was in there and thought it tasted great.

Back