• We have implemented the ability to gift someone a Supporting Membership now! When you access the Upgrade page there is now a 'Gift' button. Once you click that you can enter a username to gift an account Upgrade to. Great way to help support this forum plus give some kudos to anyone who has helped you.

Kit Corona Recipe Please

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

Wolfman

Reaction score
I am a Mash Brewer myself, but a couple of blokes I work with go to U Brew It. I want to show them how easy it is to do it at home.They are Corona lovers so I thought I'd make them one from kits and bits. The only problem is I don't have a recipe for this. I have checked the database andcan only find all grain recipes. Has anyone got a good kit recipe?

I have a Coopers Mexican Cerveza can, LDME, Dex and a heap of different hops.

Appreciate the help in advance.

Wolfman

emnpaul

Reaction score
I reckon the Cerveza can, 250g LDME, 750g Dextrose to 23 Litres and US05, or Notto if you have it, will get you pretty close.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
Just a hint of something American often tips it - maybe a scant 12g of Chinook in whatever sort of boil they do at U brew.

I've impressed Corona drinkers with that, or a bit of Galena.

Wolfman

Reaction score
Cheers Guys.

I have about 200g of Malto dex, chuck that at it as well?

Yer one bloke thinks it taste's like shit from U brew it. I will throw some chinook in and give it a whirl!

mikec

Reaction score
I've used the Coopers cerveza before, it's not bad.I boiled a lemon including some zest prior, and and strained that into the brew.

Lord Raja Goomba I

Prisoner of Sobriety
Reaction score
Wee, lemon, vodka.

Put into keg and carbonate.

:p

Just kidding - something american at the start of the boil (and not much of it), get the body thinner with dextrose, and some LDME - say 300g, just to give the body some flavour, but not overdo it.

I can see 500g or LDME being too much - if you want it in style.

Made a similar beer last year (all grain I know, but the idea is the same) - keep the grain profile simple, the hopping low and early and american, and make sure it's around 5% and you'll have corona drinkers as happy as a pig in excrement.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
If the guys are keen to get into brewing you can actually make a really good partial using a tin of Cerveza, half a kilo of dex and a minimash with some mushy boiled rice or maize mashed with half a kilo of something fairly diastatic like BB Ale or Galaxy. Finish off with a hop boil with some American hops and hit it with US-05 or S-189.

No special equipment if you already have a stockpot, a bucket and a grain bag.

It turned out great, no kit twang and I'd make it again but by the time you've done a partial you might as well spend the same amount of time doing and AG. Happened to have the tin o cerveza I'd been given.

Full directions at the BIABrewer site, you don't need to join up to see the pictures, unlike some fora around here :p :p

Wolfman

Reaction score
That looks the goods Bridie.

I don't won't to spend to much time on this though. Was just thinking maybe steaping some grain and adding some hops would be enough to get them interested.

staggalee

Reaction score
If you`re doing an extract Corona there`s really only one hop to use....... Galena.

Mooka91

Reaction score
The bloke at TCB Richmond makes one using a coopers can and a bag of euro blend (600g Light Malt / 200g Lactose / 200g Dextrose.) one of my mates tried it when he was in there and thought it tasted great.

Latest posts