• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Kirrin Pale Malt For Sale In Perth

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malt for sale

Reaction score
I've got 4 x 25kg bags of Kirrin malt for sale. Kirrin both export malt and also supply many perth breweries.

I use it to make a pale ale, about 10% chrystal malt, 90% pale, POR hops, finish with a heap of cascade hops does the job, problem is I've got too much and the financial controller wants it out of the spare room.

I use this malt for a base in most of my brews , wonderful stuff

I recommend it to anyone

So those POW hops would be pwide of wingwood, then?

I'm just about out of ale malt, so price and location would be of interest.

You really need 10% crystal? I just put 16 kg in a barleywine, no crystal or any other grain, admittedly only used the first sparge and boiled for 2 hrs, but it is pretty dark, and quite caramelly. In fact its starting to taste pretty good.

I also may be interested, depending on price and location.

Sorry forgot about the cost, $25 per 25kg bag sounds good.

And to deebee, thats wight I do use pwide of wingwood, oops. The R & the W keys aren't that close either.

To guest lurker (who nearly became guset lurker) you're right I ran out of chrystal once and it was still quite drinkable and had the same effect on my typing. I might continue to leave it out. :D

The first email I got wants them all so I've emailed him back and I'll post back either way.

I can't believe you still have them , if I did not have 60 or so Kgs of the stuff already , I'll take it
Then again could you leave a bag at GL's for me?

I feel an argument in the war department coming up :unsure:

$25/kg im surprised it hasnt been snavelled up yet.
ahh the tyranny of distance.

cheers
big d

Do you how much would it cost for a bag to Sydney? Probably as much as the malt itself? :( I'm going to need some ale malt soon, very interested.

All sold. Thanks for all the interest.
Next time I buy 500kg, I might see if I can take orders for 400kg or so before i get it. That should keep the financial controller happy. It will be a while before I need more especailly since I'm training for an Iron Man triathlon (3.8km swim, 180km bike, 42km run), none of which is good for my beer consumption.

malt for sale said:
All sold. Thanks for all the interest.
Next time I buy 500kg, I might see if I can take orders for 400kg or so before i get it. That should keep the financial controller happy. It will be a while before I need more especailly since I'm training for an Iron Man triathlon (3.8km swim, 180km bike, 42km run), none of which is good for my beer consumption.
So did you buy 500kg?
If so I'm curious how much it normally costs and how much it costs when getting 500kg!

Westcoast brewers do a bulk grain order now & again.....
From memory a 500kg bulka bag of Kirin Pilsner costs about $320.
You need your own Ute to pick it up.
plastic lined grain bags cost about $2 ea.
Spec sheets (once you now the silo number the grain came from) are also readily available...

We sell it for $25 per 25kg sack too...
usually goes like hotcakes at the meetings

I've got a couple off beers entered in the SA brew comp using solely this malt... will see how they do next week!

Asher for now

:eek: That's F*$#@N awesome! That's 64c/kg (72c/kg including price of bag) :blink:1/3 of what I'm paying
I have been getting JW Ale & Pils malt at $55 a bag so $2.20/kg.
Does the club normally have any in stock? My plan at the moment is to drive back to Perth for Xmas holidays so I would be interested in a few bags if there's any available.
Hoops

Should see what freight to QLD is worth :) may be economical to get 1 tonne and split it up over there :ph34r:

Its no IMC pilsner or anything...
It a mega-lager malt designed for the big brewery's. It makes a great Australian lager, but you'll need a good handle on your brewing techniques and modify your recipes accordingly....
It was fun to play with a bag of now n again but I'm going back to Maltcraft malts, designed for me....

Here's the specs for our last order. I'm no expert on malt specs and would love to hear what others can decipher from them. But I think the Index of Modification of 37% tell me this is not fully modified... so brewers beware ;-)

Moisture (%) 3.6
Extract, 0.7mm Grind (% w/w as is) 75.9
Wort Colour (oEBC) 3.3
INDEX OF MODIF. (%) 37
PSN (%w/w db) 0.60
Diastase (oIoB) 90

Hoops, we don't normally stock anything like this, Its just if one of our members organises and order then the club helps out to get rid of it.... If there's another order done I'll get you a couple of bags though...

Asher for now....

Latest posts

Back