Kineezy Bottle Washer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmartinez67

Eternal Amateur
Reaction score
G'day, all!

Does anyone remember a contraption made of PVC pipe and garden watering bits called Kineezy? It was a bottle washer capable of washing 30 bottles which was designed to sit on a laundry tub and hooked up to the laundry tap via a bit of garden hose.

This thing has a reservoir to hold the detergent or sterilizer, the water runs through it and is distributed to all the bottles.

My problem is that I can't remember how much detergent or sterilizer should go in, or how long the water needs to run for.

Before anyone asks, the reason I can't remember is that it's been stashed in the shed for decades (literally) and the instructions are long gone.

When I bought it originally, I remember using powder detergent and sterilizer, but I always found that it caked in the reservoir and I would end up scraping it off with a blade, which is why I stopped using it. I've recently(*) had the great idea of using liquid detergent and sterilizer, but I'm not sure how much I should use or how long I need to run the water for.

(*) Yeah, so I'm a bit slow... Ideas take time, blah, blah, blah...

Any help/hints/advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Gus.

Back