Kilo And Can

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im_hoppin_mad said:
wot is the best kilo and can recipe
[post="88549"][/post]​

Perhaps if you took the time to do a search of the archives you may find information that is helpful to your situation.

As a suggestion to get help ask specific and more detailed questions to enable those with the experience you seek a better opportunity to answer your question.

This is a very helpful forum when you also provide enough information for advice to be given.

hoppin...

I'm led to believe that there are better options, like the ESB 3kg cans out there, but if you are dead-set keen on using what you can buy at the local Woolworths (this is a problem I often have), there are better options than using sugar :)

If you like a very bitter beer, you can try simply using two cans of most kits and see what you end up likingif you dont want it too bitter you can substitute the sugar with a draught kitso many options.

Like Chiller said, you werent very specific, so my answer was based only upon what I *thought* you were asking.

PZ.

Moving this thread to the Kit forum.

Seriously mad hopper, the question is way too broad. Post back here with some more specifics. eg: The Coopers Stout kit is fabulous, but you might not like stout, the Muntons Gold range is brilliant, but you might not like to spend $30 on a batch, and so on.

Not to mention the impact a good liquid yeast could have on the outcome.

NRB said:
Not to mention the impact a good liquid yeast could have on the outcome.
[post="88602"][/post]​

I think this particuler brewer is a long way from getting any benefit from liquid yeast NRB.

Most dry yeasts (even the ones that come with the kits) are excellent, and I don't think a $15 wyeast is going to make much difference to a $7.95 Savings Draught and sugar.

Better to focus on quality ingredients, fermentation temperature and sanitation and rinsing.

Get a liquid yeast when you know why you want it.

Back