Kettle Tap Sources

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sosman

beerling
Reaction score
I have been getting quite a few PM's lately and one was about where I source my taps as seen on http://brewiki.org/BrewPot. Please don't be offended if I don't reply to PM's personally, this kind of information is generally best shared.

My main source is Industrial Fitting Sales in Noble Park. The link to their web site and other details are on the wiki page.

The taps shown on that page are nickel plated brass, not stainless, however I buy my stainless taps from IFS also ($20 single piece, $26 for full bore two piece). Tell em the "homebrewer" sent you.

Geordi taps are about 50% more expensive than that but on the other hand they have lots of other quite unique stuff. For example, the 1/2" SS all-thread shown
MashtunExplodedSS.jpg
cost me $6 (half of one length).

I am sure if you are in Adelaide GMK can set you up for a good price.

Sosman it was your picture that inspired me to redo my manifold in my Tun sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words Pumpy

6.00 for half a length is really good.....

How long is the half and full length.

Thanks

The Morebeer valve is brass not stainless, about $6 from Bunnings.
Try Enzed or a good plumbing supplier for the rest of the bits, you can save a fortune by shopping around, and using a bit of creative imagination.

I source and can supply something similar - but it is Stainless steel...

Hi ya Slugger

Tony powell hoses on the southside have the taps and other bits for around $11 by memory - these are SS and they have SS hose tails for around $12
http://www.tonypowell.com.au/

- all you need then is SS washers (i have a source of these at the end of my street :D ) a few rubber o -rings - any goods hardware store should have them.

to attach you can either use a bush or if you put in a pick up tube just use a compression fitting with 1/2 " Bsp threaded fitting on the other end - i think i mentioned that in another post

lou

Thanks Guys, so I have recently put a tap similar onto my esky/mash tun. Would I be using the same things for the kettle? do I need anything to make it more water tight or anything or just the same parts?

I have pretty much the same as what sosman has in his brewiki..

NO welding is needed correct?

sluggerdog said:
Thanks Guys, so I have recently put a tap similar onto my esky/mash tun. Would I be using the same things for the kettle? do I need anything to make it more water tight or anything or just the same parts?

I have pretty much the same as what sosman has in his brewiki..

NO welding is needed correct?
[post="60590"][/post]​
Slugger, none of my stuff is welded. What you have to watch out for is making sure you have parallel threads, not tapered - at least where it goes through the wall. Tapered threads can be a pain to tighten up in a bulkhead setting.

GMK said:
6.00 for half a length is really good.....

How long is the half and full length.
[post="58251"][/post]​
I paid $12 for the full length and cut it in half. If you pay full price at Geordi's that is like paying full price for a persian rug.

Slugger,
If you want to go for stainless, you can get a 316 stainless bulkhead fitting from a boating shop. These are threaded and come in a range of sizes. They are also threaded so you can add a ball valve. You can get stainless ballvalves from boat shops as well.
Tim

Just thought I'd update this for any Melburnians living in the Nthn. Suburbs.

Newlands Fasteners and Engineering Supplies.
1/89 Newlands Rd. Nth. Coburg
Ph: 9354 1461 Fax: 9354 8087

For those who know the area they're just before the Coburg Drive-In. This place is a virtual treasure-trove of cool brewer's bits, mainly on the Plumbing and Engineering side. Good prices and service too.

Picked up some S/S washers at 50c each to fit on a 1/2 inch BSP pipe thread and a 1/2 inch BSP male hose barb. (2 bucks).

You'll spend ages drooling at all the tools and bits. Shan't be bothering with Bunnings any more.

Bear in mind. They only take cash, no plastic. There's no Flexitellers within 100m either. I had to drive back to Sydney Rd. to get some money.

No affiliation etc. Just glad I found some S/S washers within 5km of my home. :)

Warren -

newlandsfasteners.jpg

Latest posts

Back